Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Isn't that the one with the audible Irish accent, who goes like "He-looooo" on the phone? ;-)
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Not sure how important this is to most people, but we (specifically areas 26-30) are moving out of the regions outlined in Venardhi's map. While it's great that we're moving on, it might be time to update the region map as well.

Sigurd-- since we will apparently be sharing the region of Bruskos, I'd be happy to kick around some ideas with you here.

I would be inclined to say we should stick with the Ansium region for a while before opening up a new region. We have very little mapped below the initial level. Maybe we should spend some time fleshing out what we have. It will also give those mappers a chance who didn't want to map regions but are keen to get involved in higher magnfication mapping. Several have mentioned on these threads that they feel that way.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I would be inclined to say we should stick with the Ansium region for a while before opening up a new region. We have very little mapped below the initial level. Maybe we should spend some time fleshing out what we have. It will also give those mappers a chance who didn't want to map regions but are keen to get involved in higher magnfication mapping. Several have mentioned on these threads that they feel that way.

Torq
    I misspoke. What I meant to ask is: is there any way we can expand Venardhi's map to match the current landgrab? I don't know about anyone else, but I have been using an overlay of that map on top of the landgrab so that I know not only what square a person is mapping, but exactly what region that square is in. It's been very helpful.

As for opening up an entirely new region, God please no! Not yet...

Post 2 to Go!

Here is the latest view showing the state of the land grab. Ansium, as you can see, in almost completely taken, with only two regions left. It will bea great feeling when the last two are taken. I will fee that we have got to the first major milestone in a very short period of time. Thanks to everyone who has participated so far and to those who have not but want to, its never too late to fire up a map, no matter how bad you think it is. Once you start you will be amazed at how easy it is to be swept up in the thing. You'll be debating the finer points of wiki entries in no time.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	3363  

Here is the latest view showing the state of the land grab. Ansium, as you can see, in almost completely taken, with only two regions left. It will bea great feeling when the last two are taken. I will fee that we have got to the first major milestone in a very short period of time. Thanks to everyone who has participated so far and to those who have not but want to, its never too late to fire up a map, no matter how bad you think it is. Once you start you will be amazed at how easy it is to be swept up in the thing. You'll be debating the finer points of wiki entries in no time.

Torq
    If I make it through this map alive and in one piece, and with not too many more gray hairs, I think I may take 26 just for the heck of it (if it's still available then). Something about a windswept arctic wasteland just appeals to me.

I'm sure they can, but it looks very hilly/mountainous and its far Northern position means pretty damn cold too I think, why?

Torq

I'm sure they can, but it looks very hilly/mountainous and its far Northern position means pretty damn cold too I think, why?

Torq
    empty map=easy map

-Rob A>

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast