Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Hmm. I wouldnt want to be greedy. I will settle for the area TerrainMonkey had picked. I actually know him Irl so i will check with him about his situation. Thx guys.
    -P

Cool, the area is yours. Welcome onboard.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I still plan on helping ... I just been a little swamped of late... sorry I'm so sloooow. Just thought I'd mention it in case you thought I forgot.

For those who may be new and others who dont know about it, this is the current state of the areas selected by members. The Region is the first region on the world map that the CWBP is busy mapping. The areas that are shaded and contain names are "owned" by members who are responsible for mapping them (Just the area not all the details in it). The blue shaded areas are areas where maps have already been turned in and they can be viewed and commented on in this sub-forum.

As you can see we still have two areas left to give away before the the whole section has been taken which we at the project will consider a huge milestone. Please get involved. No skill levels are required and you can use any style you like. Our central theme is cooperation and help, advice and encouragement are freely available. There is no deadline and you can choose your own pace. Check out the wiki and Seerblue's cool Google map of the areas we have done. Just two more, come on Newbies give it a shot!

For those who may not fancy regional mapping, there are massive opportunities on the regional maps for you to map local areas of your choice. We need cities, towns, fortresses, settlements of all kinds. Just browse through a few areas and choose something you would like to map. Just check with the mapper of the area first, in case its been done or is being done.

Here is the visual representation of the area so far.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	820 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	3843  

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

If I could I would like to draw an Inworld Hand Map of the entire area, I'm very good at inworld ones, I just don't have any examples available.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Does any one have a high resolution image of a village or structure that goes at a specific location in their map done yet, besides Redrobes (his Thrub map is big enough to zoom in), I am working at linking subsets of the country maps to other google maps of villages, buildings, caves, whatever has a specific geographical reference off the country map, for the InsCarto google maps of the CWBP. Right now I have 2 working examples on my hard drive, but I am just using filler images plotted any old where, so before I upload them to InsCarto I would like to use real CWBP related imagery,,,,it doesn't have the same"cool" effect if you click on a marker and a field of flowers is all the appears in the other map.....

Once me-dem is back online I will add more maps to the index for viewing. SeerBlue

So far I've only got the town of Kwourin which goes on the Groam map.

Torq

AHHA, I have Kwourin,,and Groam on my computer already,tiled even,,,duhh, sometimes age is not a virtue.
    I now have a mission. Thanks Torque.
    SeerBlue

I'm very happy to announce that both Bohunk and Jfrazierjnr have joined the project as area mappers, and will be mapping areas 26 and 4 respectively. Welcome both of you the CWBP and dont be shy to post WIPs. Remember to start a new thred for your map.

I'm also very happy to tell you that we have now "sold" every piece of real estate on the Region 1 map. This has always been a major milestone in my mind and its really cool that we have got there. Now its just a matter of getting the maps out there.

Below is the latest view of the land grab. Note the red areas completely filling the map. Blue areas are ones in which WIPs or finished products have been posted on this forum. Lets get bluer people!

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	4134  
    Last edited by RobA; 06-04-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I'm very happy to announce that both Bohunk and Jfrazierjnr have joined the project as area mappers, and will be mapping areas 26 and 4 respectively. Welcome both of you the CWBP and dont be shy to post WIPs. Remember to start a new thred for your map.
    Torq
    Thanks. I hope to get a stub image by end of the weekend. I asked on the other thread, but is there a higher resolution height field and river/lake system generated? Or should we just work with our neighbors and fiat the rest?

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast