Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

This is just one bit of the world and more of it will open up when this one has been mapped. You can map localities, towns or cities within already mapped regions, so please feel free to make a map!

Alternatively, you could also politely step up to one of the members who has not presented anything so far and ask whether it'd be okay with him if you took over that tile.

At this time, I'd actually say chances are good enough to warrant a try. Just remember that... what's the proverb... the tact dictates the rhythm, or something like that.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Absolutely. I was thinking about whether we should approach members who had not posted for a long time to see whether they would be happy to put their regions up for adoption, but was going to wait until Torq got back from his holidays.

Blog Entries

I reckon that everyone should take a kind of lease out on a tile for about 3 months and if you don't map something in that time then it goes back for recycling. You could re-request it again but at least there would be a kind of sunset clause to it so that for people who drop off the edge of the universe we don't have to chase them for it.

Really, I think that for the sections that are unmapped and have no WIP thread running, they gotta be considered open. It does not matter if you get two maps of one place anyway. Ok thats not ideal but its not the end of the world.

Although it would be nice to see Ansium finished I would hope that the inner parts of the tiles would be flushed out a lot more rather than go to a new region and start again.

We ought to have a world name poll too just to clear that loose end away too. Then start a thread titled [World1] with links to the whole map + links to Ansium. That would be cool.

Indeed it would. I'm a little hesitant about imposing sunset clauses without Torq's (and the rest of CLs' input) as this is really Torq's baby. I'll open up a thread for discussion with the CLs about this though so we can come up with a unified response.

Cheers Redrobes

Hey man. I still haven't boarded the plane. To my mind if its got to do with the CWBP and both Ravs and Redrobes think its a good idea, then its a good idea. You both have histories with this project that speak for themselves. I concur with whatever you agree on as to when you forfeit your claim to do doing a map.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I want to continue watching this project, but this seems to be something I would love to expand upon once at least this area is finished. As anyone that has read my introduction post has found, I am making a mod for a game called Oblivion, and it seems like this would be the perfect world for it! If you guys wouldn't mind it, I would like to contribute some spots to it, and perhaps make it the world for my game. If you guys would rather not, I could always make my own, but this seems like it has had massive effort put into it, and would like for it to become a living world of it's own.

It may take quite some time for anything to be considered "finished." It's a huge tract of land, and our efforts have thus far been spread out fairly thinly across it.

The Beastlands are getting some good development, as are parts of the Thrubmorton Fens. It is my hope that once I get relocated and resettled, I'll be able to put it more work through Groam, the Tawaren Basin, and the Jaiyat Highlands. How quickly that happens will depend on what kind of game my RPG group wants to play--if they're up for fantasy, then it'll get done really quickly.

Anything and everything you want to contribute is welcome! And I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with your mod. I'm rather fond of Oblivion, so I'll definitely take a look.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

There's a wiki for the project, you can always register and add to the detail of the Ansium region yourself. I've just added a section for the City States of Akron. There's a number of settlements there that could do with some detail. Want to detail The Lakes area?
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Hi cmkinsac

I'm a huge fan of Oblivion and committed son of the CWBP. The idea of the two being combined makes my pulse race. I agree with Mid that its unlikely we will reach a stage called "finished" anytime soon. The area is just too vast. Its because of that vastness that we hae concentrated on populating Ansium and giving it detail before we move on. There are literally thousands of areas crying out for mapping within the Ansium region. Feel free to choose on and just get going on a map. Why not take up Valarian's suggestion? Also Mid and I are connected with the two parts of Groam and we would appreciate any help.

Jump in. Whatever you do will be appreciated.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast