Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Works for me...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I don't have any issues with it, especially if it might encourage others to work more on the project as well. I agree with Torq though, in that it is imperative that the information be included in the wiki.

I know that you have a keen eye for detail. And as, anything you create that may have an impact on the world as a whole, or on any other area that you are not singularly responsible for should probably be addressed here first as well. I'm sure whatever it is won't be be an issue given your reputation, but still...

And on that note, I can't wait to see what you create!

-IG

Post Thank you!

My intent was using the Wiki to develope this piece of real estate. Although I have posted to the Wiki already, I don't know how to initiate a main page for my proposed content, since it won't be normally linked from the Ansium pages, rather through a higher layer for the entire world - I imagine. Also my Wiki-fu skills prevent me from uploading a map (I've yet to create one yet for this.)

I already know the government structure, who/what my emperor is, who/what my shogun is, I've got ideas for dozens of noble houses, I am borrowing certain aspects from both Shinto and Buddhism, mostly stuff on the dark side, as well as my own twisted twists for the religion and worship on the isles. So I've got stuff I can start entering into Wiki already.

If someone can start me up with an Empire of Asahi starting page - I can go from there!

Also, how should I name it, numerically speaking. I imagine region 2 - 5 (or more) will be on the continent Ansium is assigned. What is your suggested regional numbering for this property. I can see there are at least 6 to 8 square regions within the island property, though much of it is open sea, in order to access the few outer isles surrounding the main one.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-16-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You must master the Ways of the Wiki, young GamerPrinter! Only then can you become a true master of the CWBP!

...sorry couldn't resist
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here ya go.

I also updated the World Overview section to include your area; if you follow the format that's on that page already you'll be fine with adding additional areas within the Empire of Asahi.

Cool name, btw.

As for naming conventions here, I would think that something like "Empire of Asahi - Region 1" would be sufficient, especially since you'll be the only one working on it. But that's just me.

Good luck.

-IG

Question Need more detailed to work from...

So who (NK?) would have a more detailed, larger or higher res version of the island east of Ansium I chose for my Empire of Asahi. I would like to start mapping it, but I would prefer something better to work with than what is currently available - anyone?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Heres a 4K x 2K world map that I made based on the original height map data.

Whoops, sorry I missed the party here. (Too busy with my CCNA course and all )

What sort of Info are you looking for? I can probably whip it off later today.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post climate map, perhaps?

I think I can work with Redrobes heightmap, however, NK, if you'd like to provide me with climate/rainfall maps of the Island os Asahi region, that could probably help.

I plan to hand draw the main map with iso-hand-drawn mountains, it will show provincial borders, locations of the Imperial capital is well as major cities and other data. I also plan to create clearer (top down view) maps of the provinces and cities (eventually) so they can be more useable in a playing environment.

The one thought that frightens me, is that Fukuhara-kyo, the Imperial capital, may have more than 1 million people in its population (egads, I don't look forward to that map!)

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast