Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Okay, here is the region with TEMP, RAIN, and for comparative, Just the Islands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Temp.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	10627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Rain.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	10628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Main.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	313.0 KB 
ID:	10629  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Appropriate differences

While I'll basically utilize the temperature map of Asahi, I am doing some noteable differences, which should be climatologically probable.

NK, in British Columbia, its fairly comfortable with a maritime temperate climate versus the interior of Canada at your same latitude - simply because the oceans affect on temperature and humidity. I think the islands of Asahi could be a bit warmer than those temperature belts allude.

Also I could have some type of gulf stream type current of warmer water flowing along the southern coastal region of the main island - this too could increase the ambient temperature versus what its latitute might otherwise be.

I don't want Asahi to be semi-tropical, but I don't want Alaska either.

GP

PS: any idea on prevailing winds? I'd like to know which way the weather is coming in, as it might affect weather hitting the continent of Ansium too...
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-22-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Well, as I have stated before the Temperature maps are a sort of 'average' over the year.

The following link shows the average monthly temps for Vancouver, BC:

http://www.eurometeo.com/english/cli...eteo_Vancouver

And a quick calculation shows the average Yearly temp is therefore a mere 14 Celcius.

Now Asahi, is approximately 54 to 60 Degrees Latitude (with the Arctic Circle being 60 latitude, putting it closer to Prince Rupert British Columbia:

http://www.grc.k12.nf.ca/climatecana...nce_rupert.htm

So, the temperature scale seems a little right (maybe just a little cooler), Playing with the default temperature, and making the average for the entire world a little warmer, will put the temps closer to a real world scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Temp-New.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	10636  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Is there an index of who has which areas? I and another person at the CBG were thinking about teaming up on an area if there are any left and if we're welcome!

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

There are a few either unclaimed (or the claimee has disappeared), just not sure exactly which ones at the moment. See the thread below this one, it should have some more up-to-date info in it...hopefully
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Technically my choices need lots of work

Ishmayl, technically speaking, I have three regions that fall into the Khanate of Qashya Mal, kind of a Mongol Horde expansive empire that covers the entire thing. While I have mapped the first and second region, I never mapped the third.

The Grand City of Qashya Mal has never been mapped and its supposed to have a population of 96,000 people, being the largest urban area in the CWBP.

Other than the town of Darkovia, far to the north, which has has some development, none of the three regions have much development, just a little flavor.

I'd love for someone to pick up where I left off, as I am too busy working on Kaidan (which is also considered part of the CWBP...)

Those regions are available to you. I believe several of the regions of north of Qashya Mal are available as well. As well as regions south and south west on the Land Grab map.

We'd love for your involvement!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

That sounds pretty interesting to me, GP. Could you point me in the direction of any threads you have on the Khanate? I believe I found the wiki pages, but I'm having trouble finding any updated indexes of peoples' various work on the project!

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Blog Entries

Hi Ishmayl, theres the proper list somewhere about but since I make it, its in my sig too. Look at the CWBP index and thats a list of the places and the cities within them. As far as I can tell 2,3 and 5 are free and 27 also which might the one GP is referring to. If you dont take 2 then I will run it through a script or something as its never been mapped at all. That would leave 3 being the last one left then.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-03-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Post Map area: 9, 10 and 11

Region 1, Map Area: 9, 10 and 11.

Khanate of Qashya Mal

Central Steppe of Qashya Mal

There has been a thread started for the third region, yet.

The Wiki section pointing to Qashya Mal, has everything I ever posted on that area, some background fluff on the Khanate itself, but needs lots of work.

Note the regions south of Qashya Mal is suffering a Plague of sorts and regular patrols on the southern border do their best to shoot anyone (with their bows) who enters Qashya Mal from the south.

Currently Qashya Mal is the eastern most regions in development for the CWBP - get to work, please!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Due to our bizarre numbering system 11 is actually 27 cos it goes in a 5x5 grid then numbers down the right when we ran out.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast