Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Thanks! And just to be clear, are you saying that you will no longer be working on any of the regions and we can take over completely, or that you are just taking a break and will be back, or that you are just giving up control of the far eastern region you haven't started yet, or something else entirely? Just want to make sure we don't step on any toes!

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Blog Entries

The CWBP is pretty old. If it aint mapped by now consider it free to map. Maps 2 & 3 have a thread thats been abandoned. Map 5 has an abandoned thread and Map 27 was the one GP was taking on does not have a thread so you can create one in the same style - "[Region 1][Map 27] BlahBlahLand" and start mapping.

If you want the relief / height maps or a template for that map tile then just shout in that new thread. The others have got them already. The only thing we ask is that it lines up with neighbors and that the maps are all creative commons share alike because a) the base map is in that style and b) it guarantees that its free to use and share.

Post Take it, its yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmayl View Post
    Thanks! And just to be clear, are you saying that you will no longer be working on any of the regions and we can take over completely, or that you are just taking a break and will be back, or that you are just giving up control of the far eastern region you haven't started yet, or something else entirely? Just want to make sure we don't step on any toes!
    While I'd like to see Calishem, become something like a cross between Baghdad, Constantinople and Samarkand, and the basics of the principality of Darkovia as they are now - its your property to develope and change at your whim. Take the whole thing if you'd like. I see Kaidan taking over the next year or so for me, so unlikely I'd ever get back to it.

Darkovia is kind of a vampire's principality, who feeds on the slaves he hires to mine his bloodstones, but is "benevolent" to his people.

Also check out 12rounds' Inhabitants of the World thread, he has a number of illustrations of various people in Calishem and Darkovia, which might help spark ideas or use as more content.

But its all yours as far as I'm concerned!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I think somebody ought to put a proper fantasy name to the "World of ThinkBig" and the continent of "Somenorthishplace".

virtual assistant

Beautiful map, of course! Most grid squares have a lot of potential, too.

Im a noob but One looks Fun. I call Dibbs!

I might be mistaken, but I think all of the region-level grids have already had at least some work done. Here's Region 1: http://www.cartographersguild.com/co...ash-coast.html

At this point, the project needs a lot more local maps. I'd love to see some more detailed maps Roam and the Ash Coast.

Redrobes has an index of all (or at least most) of the maps produced for the CWBP so far here Index of: Cartographers Guild Cooperative World Build Project
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Yes - I must have cleared out some web space and deleted the map index so I have just put it back up. If you go back to post #248 on this thread then you can see the index map as a grid of all the maps together and if you click on that then it goes through to the larger version. Now this index map does cut off a bit of tile 1 since it reached out into the sea a bit so the thread that Midgard has pointed to does show the full map of that region.

Anyone is welcome to add to the regional maps and fill in more towns and places. All we ask is that they make some attempt to match up with whats already there so it can be integrated into the full big sized image. So if a river runs through a town but otherwise its just a spot marked on the map then you have free reign to what you will just so long as it has a river in it.

Some of the maps like regions 2 & 3 I think I did something just so that it was not a blank square so there is practically nothing on them at all. When you zoom into the maps at proper scale then the areas are large so its almost like a blank canvas for much of the whole set of regions. Only a few have been mapped so that there are a number of more detailed parts to any of them.

But post #248 is the starting point. Look at that, see what you like. Check the index list in my sig or the link by Midgard and read up about whats been done already and then just start mapping something. Start a new post or thread with the title in the same sort of format that the others are in then we can auto scrape this CWBP index list.

Oh and I almost forgot, we have the 3D texture height maps of the whole areas done if you need them. They may not quite line up with the existing maps since different people used different software to do them.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-09-2012 at 06:41 AM.

I live up in the mountains, down in a cave, way out west.
    Blog Entries

I know I'm coming to this pretty late, but I'll jump on section 8 if it's still available. Just at a glance it gave me some great ideas.

This project has been inactive for quite some time now.
    We are working on a new project. You can have more informations here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/co...tml#post234475

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast