Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

SO, BIG question before we get tooo far in our mapping efforts. There is a Great Tutorial for Fractal Terrains (Redrobes did not do it, but links it here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1753)

So, do we want to 'play' with our glob for a few moments, perhaps adjust them inland seas and stuff and then go forward?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

My view is that we can make adjustments in our maps rather then adjusting the globe using FT. My reason for saying this is that unless you actually have FT and can produce your regional outline and bump map at high enough res to use it directly, you are going to be doing some fudging anyway. Most people (like Venardhi and I) dont have FT and wil be using lower res images which we will have extrapolate into large maps by cheating or by just plain old manual copying. I'm not sure how anybody else feels though.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

yeah, i'm fudging a few things myself. don't really have a coastline to deal with, just hills and mountains.

also, are we settling on a scale yet or is it "do what feels right"?

and since when did these plague victims start showing up on our lands?

OK so I had some time to sit down and just draw out my piece of land. Just water and land so far. But I thought I put it up here for my neighbors to see (so they can match my borders).
    Anyway how are we going to do this? Just put everything in this thread or start one thread per map?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nr8.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	2951  

Hi Clercon

Nice start. I think we should have a new thread for every map. If we want to give info regarding features that overlap into other threads we should probably post in those threads (when they are up).

Here is the latest landgrab status map.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	2953  
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

yes for the plauge lands... we can say that it was pretty much self contained untill recently, the wild animals infected with the plauge have began to run out of food. So they start attacking the surroundig settlements, mabye only killing cattle, and attacking one person or so, but the people who get attacked get infected, and then it spreads across the whole community.

I'm playing off the fact that the sickness works quickly now, since its had some time to mutate.

A gestaiton period of about 1-3 days and the sickness itself after shows kills about a week later.

Because this plauge has been spreading primarily from the infected animals (which it doesn't kill, only makes them more feral), then the surrounding areas could have constructed walls and hire trappers to help keep the animals from entering there realms and infecting them.

I would like the surrounding people to get in on a disscussion about this, because this will effect the surrounding areas greatly.
    Everything written thus far is all just speculation and can change on a whim, so get your opinions in now before things get to imbedded.

-Rob

Also Torq... you misspelt my name on the land grab map... *cries*.... but you still get props for taking controll of this!
    Last edited by Kagehito; 04-02-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Sry for the delay;
    I'll take #1.

C-U hall,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Should create a forum for this project, it is going to be big in the end. Have a sticky of completed maps with link to thread for the map. Come up with a world name for the forum title too.

I would tend to agree.

I'd suggest Slartibartfast Project, but I'm keeping that for myself... oops.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast