Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post climate map, perhaps?

I think I can work with Redrobes heightmap, however, NK, if you'd like to provide me with climate/rainfall maps of the Island os Asahi region, that could probably help.

I plan to hand draw the main map with iso-hand-drawn mountains, it will show provincial borders, locations of the Imperial capital is well as major cities and other data. I also plan to create clearer (top down view) maps of the provinces and cities (eventually) so they can be more useable in a playing environment.

The one thought that frightens me, is that Fukuhara-kyo, the Imperial capital, may have more than 1 million people in its population (egads, I don't look forward to that map!)

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Okay, here is the region with TEMP, RAIN, and for comparative, Just the Islands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Temp.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	10627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Rain.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	10628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asahi-Main.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	313.0 KB 
ID:	10629  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Appropriate differences

While I'll basically utilize the temperature map of Asahi, I am doing some noteable differences, which should be climatologically probable.

NK, in British Columbia, its fairly comfortable with a maritime temperate climate versus the interior of Canada at your same latitude - simply because the oceans affect on temperature and humidity. I think the islands of Asahi could be a bit warmer than those temperature belts allude.

Also I could have some type of gulf stream type current of warmer water flowing along the southern coastal region of the main island - this too could increase the ambient temperature versus what its latitute might otherwise be.

I don't want Asahi to be semi-tropical, but I don't want Alaska either.

GP

PS: any idea on prevailing winds? I'd like to know which way the weather is coming in, as it might affect weather hitting the continent of Ansium too...
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-22-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations