Thread: TAS Form 6 - Subsector Map Grid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now the program selects a texture at random for each planet and gas giant. There are 40+ planet textures and about 30 gas giant textures. The bases and such are just colored objects at the moment but I'll fix that at some point.

If there's a planet named "Earth" or "Terra" it gets its own custom texture. I should probably do the same for the gas giant, using a texture map of Jupiter...right now it's still just a random texture.

I'll probably make it so it saves its random choices back out to the file so the textures are all the same next time you load it up. Be a little confusing for a GM if it looks different every time. Also, the selection is completely random, but I plan to pick from maps that match hydro/atmo ratings of the world.

I haven't abandoned the subsector map PSD thing. Still working on it. I'd actually, however, like this app to eventually create a sector randomly (or read one in) and then output a nice 2D map. We'll see if it comes to that.
    M

Edit: Oh, it also does travel zones now too. The two at lower left are supposed to be amber zones...though I've made them too transparent and they just look sort of brown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	45287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	45288