Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Burpwallow Coast

Post Just Wasting Time

Apropos of nothing much, here's a LunarCell-like planet I made with planetGenesis and Bryce. Everything was built from planetGenesis noise and rendered in Bryce except the background which was Glitterato and the cloud maps which were generated in LunarCell.

This is just wasting some limited free time I could be using for my CWBP project, but it were fun.

It took about two days...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combinedImage.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	877.9 KB 
ID:	3604  

Its really nicely done su_liam. I love the effects. Seems a pity to waste, maybe the time wasn't wasted from the point of view of the CWBP (nudge nudge wink wink). I'm sure the wiki could do with a nice artistic planetary pic in which the cloud cover obscures the land masses just enough to make it usable as a generic world.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Here's my latest experiment. Looking at some different climate schemes. More of a deserty theme, but with a touch of vegetation around the edges.

Mostly, I was just checking a text idea I had. At least on CS1, you can't apply Layer Effects to Layer Sets. Too bad, really, setting up Drop Shadow, and Outer Glow separately for each label is tedious. I did find I could condense all the text into a single rasterized layer and apply effects to that.

I'm hoping CS3 will be better that way. I intend to purchase it when I start back to school.

This is a somewhat reduced-color version. GIF, JPEG, PNG-8 and PNG-24 were all ginormous.

Name:	Desert-Crossing.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	3806  

Desert and icy scened tutorials, textures and such would be awesome. Don't see many of those around and these look great

Mmm-kay... I was reminded of this by a couple of things lately... The most important reminder was a hard-drive death that destroyed most of my recent mapping work, including Burpwallow, Tavonni and Oregon.

So now I'm working on a tutorial for this method. Not exactly, 'cause some parts didn't seem to work, and I've been looking at adapting it to Wilbur, which I can now use.

Here, as a teaser, I reveal, the new Burpwallow Coast...

Name:	BurpwallowRedux.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	680.2 KB 
ID:	13672  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Lookin' good so far...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like it, look forward to the tut.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12