Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps not a map, but a Request/Opportunity Nonetheless!

Blog Entries

Do you or anyone know the name of the font used for the CG title or would you like to pick one similar from here ?

http://www.dafont.com

I can make the black just plain black. I was using a burnt wood texture darkened as I thought that the blackness of the parchment was burnt areas but ink is basically plain jet black. I can make the map just trees, & rivers over ground no problem and I can make the spots not perfectly circular also - sorta splat type shapes I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POints-of-light2.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	3947

It sounds as though you are asking for two things

1. a logo: The simpler your logo is, the easier it is to remember

2. and an art/map element

also think of all the possible mediums where you might use your logo.

website?
    newspaper?
    magazines?
    Black and White printed material

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

upload a sample of the font you like and this site can often identify the font

i use this site all the time at work

too right

Vector is always preferable when printing logos

Redrobes - Went to dafont.com. Pretty sweet site; I actually downloaded about twenty free fonts for further use.

But I couldn't find one that jumped out at me. After much agonizing, I think that I'd like to see the text in either:
    Dwarven Stonecraft from their Gothic Modern catalog (or)
    VTC Belias Blade also from their Gothic Modern catalog

I'd rather not incorporate the points of light into the text as I want the text to appear as if it is floating "above" the map. That would then obviously control where the points are placed on the map so that the text does not hinder the view of them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Here's a sketch of a layout along the lines you have been suggesting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch1.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	3998

torstan - looks like this little endeavor of mine has turned into a competition. It seems to me that yours was a relatively quick sketch. I'd LOVE to see a better executed try. From your posts elsewhere, you obviously have the talent--please give it a go.

All - I know that I've said from the beginning that I want the text to overlay the graphical element of the logo. Having reviewed over one hundred logos of just about everything in the last day or so, I've decided that the text can be above, below, around, or overlaying the image. I'm not going to limit what the entries may look like. I would ask, however, that you keep the text and image separate layers in your entry--I may choose to play around with the arrangement.

Blog Entries

Hi All, I have a little problem over here. My main PC has gone into meltdown so its all offline now from duff mobo or cpu or something. I think the data is safe but is inaccessible for a while until I can get it back up. All my CG stuff is on it including my challenge entry so I hope it all ok. So will have to duck out now unless you want to use the file already uploaded.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast