Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: WIP Kingdoms of Kesh - Fantasy map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i do like the timeline - it's very similar to something i was thinking of doing. good call increasing the shields, also

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thank you guys,
    @JTurner : thanks for the grammar lesson About the capitalization, I alreadt changed it after rdanhenry's comment :/ Btw this map is a personnal project that I just wanted to share with the community in english but I'll keep this in mind.
    @Eilathen and Vorro : thanks, I was thinking going with a more detailed one at the start but I restrain myself to only out the events that might change something on the map (heraldry, borders, labels names...)

Update : second age of Kesh. Did the second map with changes (following the timeline of the first map) : a few heraldry, borders, labels changes. New icon "ruins" in key and new icons added to match the second age timeline, put in the right cartouche.
    Next step will be the third age with changes on the last map. Though i'm wondering what I'll do with the bottom right cartouche : Does a third timeline makes some sense since we won't see changes on a non exustent fourth map? I don't know....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kesh9.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	4.57 MB 
ID:	54733

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

You could write something about the changes between map 2/3, but empty would look strange. I think it would have been better to start on First Map with the Timeline leading to first map, instead of what leads to Map 2. So you could have a coherent Placement of timetables.

i think a single long timeline that stretched from top to bottom would look better. i think that's what SK is saying. not sure :p

Hmm...Not sure this way of doing could have really shown the progression of time/events aplied on several maps. I thing the actual thing is pretty good since it tells some dynamic story : look one map, look what happens in the age of this map then switch to the second map, look the changes makes by the past events, look what happens in the current age then switch to the third map. But I though admit the last cartouche is kind of a problem atm.

not sure why the third one is a problem. Each age should have its own timeline, for instance age 1 is year 0 - 100. age 2 is year 100 - 200 and age 3 is year 200 - 300.

or am i missing something?

No that's true. What I meant is, since the first two timeleines does changes on the furthers maps, is it a problem to have a last timeline and can't see the changes on another map? Don't sure if I'm clear :$

Oh, so what you're saying is that the results of each timeline don't show up on the current map but the one after? What if you arranged them horizontally instead of vertically?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Yes you got it. Hmm that would mean a lot of changes on the map I'll have to think about it :/

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast