View Poll Results: What is your favorite map ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CWBP 2 Deciding the map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I started the discussion 4 months ago already...

aside from that:

1- That is not a problem from my point of view but maybe people are not convinced.
    2- most of the creative part is left untouched, such as the style of the map and all the details. Other things can be deicided as a group.
    3- I suppose it's possible to spice things up or help the person in the process.
    4- Azelor/Falconius : yes I totally understand that part

Thanks for the input !

1. I'm with Azelor. There are no time limits, and you take on what you want to complete it in your own time. If you decide you don't want it anymore you just say so and it will be put back in the pool. There is absolutely no chance of running out of things to do and there is no weight to pull. I don't know how to convince others of this though.

2. Could be a negative or a boon. I think only the most minimal of control is being given up. What is being given up though is being given up merely to be developed in co-operation, so people may not be giving up as much creative control as they think.

3. I would have hoped that this would be a good platform for people to learn and develop their skills or for those who are too shy to just dive into the WIPs on their own. That could be unrealistic though. I should note that 'living by comparison' is no way to advance through life in any case, so I would hope people join regardless of whether they think their stuff is lame or not. I can also tell you from experience that the Artist is often not a very good judge of their own work. It's why people hire editor's and so forth. I know this because it is a struggle I have with my own things. Indeed it could very well be the central struggle of any artist, to overcome your fears of just putting stuff out there and 'bearing your soul to the world.' ( Hehe how's that for melodrama?) The ability to do so may be the only thing that actually defines who is and who isn't an artist. That said, it's a personal struggle for people that they have to deal with on their own, there is not much we can do to help until they decide to make the jump.

4. Lol Yeah, though I never really thought of the argument coming the other way like that. Azelor and I keep butting heads over this, making input from outside parties invaluable I think. Especially from those who even have the slightest inkling of participating in this, as this point will directly effect them in their endeavors on this project and is a large component of point 2.

Cheers.

For the record, I understand and agree with all your responses. I was just brainstorming different reasons for the subdued interest.

To be honest, I think you should just march forward with the "team" you've got. People will come. People will go. But as long as there's someone creating, the project is still alive.