Thread: Argona - my first city map (WIP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I tried experimenting with layered shadows in my Arabesque city map (which is somewhere on these forums--probably deeply buried now). I think it is a good method, but, using Photoshop, there is a lot of juggling of layers to be done.

Really good map, by the way, Ilanthar. Usually I'm really picky about city layout, and (if you don't mind me saying) I'm sure I could find places in your map which are not realistic to historic cities, but with this map I'm not really fussed about whether it is realistically arranged or not. I just like looking at it. (That might be a bit of a double-edged compliment, but it was meant with good intentions).

THW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    I tried experimenting with layered shadows in my Arabesque city map (which is somewhere on these forums--probably deeply buried now). I think it is a good method, but, using Photoshop, there is a lot of juggling of layers to be done.
    There's a lot of layer juggling in GIMP too... I'm new at this, so I don't know any more efficient way, but it *does* keep the shadows reasonably size-appropriate.

(Is there an easier way to do that?)