Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
do people get the copyright over the material they contribute?

Good question: while it is feasible for a map since the WIP and Finished steps are clearly defined, I don't see the appeal to do it. There is a large possibility that the person used content of the project to do the map. There is not much to pull out without infringing the copyrights. I would say that it's better to not allow it but maybe other thinks otherwise.
We can just run it that way at the beginning and figure it out later if it ever comes up. Oooor... I don't see an alternative actually. In order to protect the work people put into the project we have to protect the project which means peoples work becomes part of the project and is not 'really' their own any more.

and another thing
People outside the project should be able to participate too. Voting for stuff unrelated to the copyright but I'm not sure how to put it in words.
The Copyright Board would deal strictly with the legal stuff and nothing else. Participation and all other project concerns would remain completely open to the community here. Not sure if this is what you meant or not.

I updated the other post #42 (good number)
Hehe, indeed.