Thread: The Köppen–Geiger climate classification made simpler (I hope so)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Yeah, that's the basic reasoning I think. That's what made me review the whole process - I am now going combo by combo, it becomes a huge table.
    5 january temperature levels x 6 january rain levels x 5 july temperatures x 6 july rain levels.... 900 entries.
    The original idea is to simplify climate prediction, 900 entries isn't simplifying. Still a work in progress...

Did I say I am a science teacher? This is easy, when most of the rain falls in winter, moisture is available for longer. Thus, the location with rain in the summer is the driest.
    However... plants metabolism is very dependent on sunlight, so the location with rain in summer may have more vegetation cover as both factors for plant growth coincide, and a dry hot summer requires plants adapted to drought, which normally means smaller leaves and slower growth rate.
    I think we need to make things complicated in order to understand the simples rules that makes the system. With some advanced statistics, we might be able to find interesting informations. I would like to see the file when it's done if possible.

I got 10 temperature levels, what are your temperature levels?
    Last edited by Azélor; 08-24-2015 at 02:11 PM.