Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [CWBP2] World Map construction thread

A note regarding the north pole: The elevations there make it appear very warped. For work on the poles at this projection you need very long smooth horizontals for it to work. Also what you have essentially creates a mountain region right in the centre of the pole. Looks strange and contrived in G. Projector, which of course makes the south pole island seem even more contrived by comparison.

That said the rest of it is looking really good.

There is a black hole in the middle. I guess I will put back some straight lines. Not now unless someone was considering mapping the north pole today.

I think the south is ok. The poles are the only places that are very distorted.

Blackchakram: your spot is at the limit of humid and semi-arid climates. The south is a hot steppe BSh and the north is more humid Aw under the ITCZ. South west is probably a hot desert and south east is the rest of the steppe.
    In your plot the difference in temperature between summer and winter is around 5-10 Celsius. A dry winter winter and Humid to very humid summer.

Falconius: The climate is probably Af, hot and humid all the time.

Ghost: I classified most of the area as Mediterranean climate but the western part is wetter. Some parts could be considered Cfa (south and west).

I'm almost done with the elevation map. I'm taking a break but I'll finish it today.

Finished !

Took me more time than expected:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elevation.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	66934
    Last edited by Azélor; 06-30-2015 at 09:17 AM.

I managed to get a basic climate map:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...o-climat-1.jpg

And also a biome map to go with it:

Attachment 66969
    Last edited by Azélor; 08-28-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Impressive. The climate map is strangely beautiful. I'll add them to the plot post later today.

Hmm not too sure why but the forum software keeps telling me the climate map is not a valid image (possibly somthing is wrong with the file name?), so I just put a link to it instead.

I updated the other post.

Some climates are missing but they are probably all steppes. The map will definitely need adjustments.

Although the tree line go very far to the north, the forest are very scarce over there. Less than 1m tall.

The areas with the lower precipitation category are classified a bit strangely because it can be almost anything if it's cold enough. Some steppes could become deserts.

And some temperate climates are too rare.

I made the color scheme of desert large and it's better. But even with that 95% of the north est steppe remain a steppe. I guess there is not much I can do but accept reality. The cold deserts cover almost twice as much land in the large continent and the high plateau of the northern continent. Hot deserts now appear on some mid latitude island near the tropics , in the central continent and made the one large desert a little larger.

I moved the coldest Ca to the Cb: now we have a transition between Ca and Da. It's close to the 30th parallel at some places but I think it's ok. This has no impact on the biome.

Now unless someone spot something that doesn't make sense, I will consider my method acceptable (but I still need to find the missing colors).

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast