View Poll Results: Do you agree with this license ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%

Thread: [CWBP2] License vote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I abstained and wanted the votes to be taken by people who have a stronger opinion about this than I. You will find that you guys above are in the minority generally of being people who like to create rather than to take from the site. We have >10,000 members registered of which 2000 or so log in now and again but only 10% of that are regularly contributing maps and art to the site. Therefore you will find that CWBP will only generate more interest when there are maps to take from it. You may also discover that theres never going to be a huge increase in the number of people submitting maps to it. Its likely to be more than three ! But dont expect many tens+ kind of figures.

As for the activity on the site, I am a perfect example of the 2k that aren't the 10%. I've never made a map, but I do read the sub-forums that interest me. Occasionally, I will post something, either feedback or just encouragement, but only rarely. As far as the CWBP goes, I participated in the discussions (and will continue to do so), and I plan on helping with the "plot" elements of the map, but I don't think that I'll end up claiming a plot. Under the above license, I think that I've contributed enough to be considered a Participant (although this is debatable), but unless I gain tons of mapping experience (not to mention an increase of free time in a mind-boggling order of magnitude ), I don't think that I'll ever earn a Council rank.