Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (WIP) First Willing to Post Map

Blog Entries

Thanks chick and Ascension.

chick: BUT THEY ARE GIANTS!!! Not buying it... fair enough The trees were the last thing I had done before starting on the rivers, and they were bugging me greatly. Your words brought what was bugging me about them to light

Ascension: That was not the intended effect. I think that when I worked on the layer blending that I chose the wrong type for the trees compared to the mountains. It might also be that the trees are of a different brush set than the mountains. More precisely they are done by two different people.
    -L-

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Always one of the hazards when using brushes as stamps. It works to crank out a quick functional map, and I can dig that, but if ya want the pretty ya gotta get dirty. But... we ALL go through this stage so you're not alone my friend.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Default Updated File

Well... It has been way too long since I have been active, but I have come back and restarted the project since I lost the original to file corruption.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewLandRENAME.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	75503

Here is the beginning of the new map. I have attempted to recreate the colors and lines that I used originally, but went with a completely hand drawn outline this time instead of relying on the computer.

--- EDIT ---

Trying to decide if I like the lighter regions for the deeper water, or if I like the inverse...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewLandRENAMEalt.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	75504
    Last edited by ltan; 08-22-2015 at 12:09 AM.
    -L-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123