Thread: Greeting from Turkey, I am Deniz!

Post Greeting from Turkey, I am Deniz!

Hi everyone,

I finished two stories called Nobles of Torhurm and Cave Kingdom. They are written with Turkish language, and I have one more project called Legend of Luadun'Dal. It's fantasy novel. I'm creating Luadun'Dal world myself; characters, their biographies, world, items, magics, weapons, armors and etc. So, for this reason, I decieded to learn cartography for fantasy realms.

So, this site and your precious knowledges will help me to create good fantasy maps. I wish, in future I'll create good maps.

By the way this is my first fantasy map called Omikron. (Yes, Omikron it's name.) Here is the Imgur link: Fantasy Map Omikron - Imgur

And this, my second work. It's not finished yet, as you see. I'm working on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eqdpwg.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	68529

Banned User

Hoşgeldiniz, Deniz, ben burada zaman zevk umuyoruz!

Merhaba!

Çok teşekkür ederim. I mean, "thank you very much" in English. By the way, you wanted to say this, I guess, "Hoşgeldin Deniz." It's true. But "ben burada zaman zevk umuyoruz" this is a bit complicated. It must be "Ben burada iyi vakit geçireceğini umuyorum." In English, "I hope you had a good time here."

I'm very happy to hear that, by the way. It feels good.

Bests,

Banned User

Hahaha, tesekkur ederim, Deniz, benim turkce cok kotu, tek tuk sozler biliyorum

(And I don't even have all the letters on my keyboard, so please forgive that misspelling part )

Aslında, o kadar da kötü değil. Söylediklerini anlayabiliyorum ve zaten ilk aşama da bu değil midir? İlk önce kelimeleri öğrenirsin ve sonra dil bilgisi öğrenirsin. En son olarak da konuşmayı öğrenirsin.

Bu arada, Türkçe'yi nerede öğrendin?

In English: "Actually, not so bad. I understand what you saying and I think this is the first step to learn different language. First, you learn individual words and then grammer. Finally speaking. By the way, Where did you learn Turkish?"

Banned User

I play and teach bridge (the card game) online, and I play frequently with Turkish partners. That got me started looking at the language, and I thought it was very interesting structure, so different from English, so I kept trying to talk to my bridge partners in Turkish just for fun. Later I got invited to visit one of those partners and spent 3 wonderful weeks in Istanbul, and sightseeing down to Bodrum and back, including the highlight for me, Troy. Since then, I just use it when I get a chance to practice

It's very cool. Evey language difficult to learn, but if you kept trying to practice, I think it's going to easy. But someones said Turkish language is very difficultto learn, because it's grammer is to complicated. Yes, it is. But human brain solves everything. Am I right?