Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
I mean more something like: when did the first civilizations started to appear? 1000 years, 5000 years, 10 000 years?
I'm not part of this project, but I am trained in archaeology, so perhaps I can help in this regard.

There is some issue about how you define civilisation:
--if civilisation is 'when did people develop culture?' the answer is probably tens of thousands of years. Australia's Aborigines have had a continuous culture for about 50,000 years, and the Neanderthal probably had some level of culture.
--if civilisation means 'when did people start making things/using tools/having property?' you can go back to Ethiopia, 2.6 million years ago.
--if you prefer 'when did nations/organised states appear?' then the Harappans (Indus Valley) sit at about 3000 BCE; Babylon is 1900 BCE; and Uruk c. 4400 BCE
--my preference is to use the origins of settlements to mark when civilisation began. Settlements (usually) result from having surplus food (a product of agriculture), which means not everybody is having to work on food accumulation, which gives some people the chance to develop other skills, and, hey presto, you suddenly have metallurgy, pottery, writing etc. The agricultural revolution and rise of cities has been radiocarbon dated to about 11,000 BCE.

So, short answer to your question Azelor: civilisation began about 11,000 years before the Common Era (i.e. 13,000 years before the present).

Hope that's helpful. Happy to lend my knowledge again, if requested.

THW