Thread: Lost Mine of Phandelver: Cragmaw Hideout and Cragmaw Castle (Battlemaps)

Default Lost Mine of Phandelver: Cragmaw Hideout and Cragmaw Castle (Battlemaps)

Here are two maps I made for the DnD 5 Starter Set: The Lost Mine of Phandelver. Of course, they can be used for whatever you like

First is Cragmaw Hideout:

And then we have Cragmaw Castle:

I'm not too happy with some of the details of the castle, but after working quite a few hours on it, I kinda wanted to finish it. Some of the rooms could also use a bit more stuff in them, but it's easy enough to add something when I know what I want. Btw. the holes in the wall are narrow arrow slits, so archers can fire at invaders from inside. The layout of the castle makes pretty much no sense in my opinion, but I still kept it to the original in the book.

Is there a downloadble link? these maps look phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by cyderak View Post
    Is there a downloadble link? these maps look phenomenal.
    You can just directly right click the images and save them / open in a new tab. If preferred, below are the maps uploaded to the board, slightly reduced in quality because of the upload limit, (Imgur link is less compressed). If you want the original files to download as .zip, I've uploaded them here: http://ul.to/lvfetd1n

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cragmaw hideout_smaller.jpg 
Views:	2015 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	69403

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cragmaw_Castle_smaller.jpg 
Views:	1244 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	69404

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Thank you so much for these, they are just what I was looking for as I begin a campaign on Roll20. I hope you get around to recreating more maps from official adventures like this in the future!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Very nice. I think you give Mike Schley's originals a run for their money. It's interesting to see a different take, where Mike's is more of a hand-drawn feel, yours is more photographic.

One thought on a possible improvement is in the goblin cave - I would consider continuing that "step" effect in the tunnel that leads left off the stream. It conveys the feeling of elevation change much better than the cliff texture in such a narrow place.

Very nice maps! I don't think the maps need more 'stuff'. These are perfect for use on Roll20 as is. You can always add stuff later if needed.

As for layout making no sense, I find that issue in every fantasy designed map. Walls being the thickness of a line, no privies, no back door...