Thread: First Map Post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Wip Color adjustments

Yesterday I noticed the northern most areas of my map, including the highest mountains with snow caps, were washed out and lacking definition. Here is the most recent incarnation of Aerdlon with a few color touch ups.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_05.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	71561

The ocean color and texture has been giving me the most trouble. On one of my monitors the colors look just fine, but the on another monitor they look too dark or too bright...

Any feedback or tips for the ocean (color, texture, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Wip Again with the color

I just touched up a tiny bit here. I decided the southern most landmass didn't need to have a desert and I softened the shadows across the land...

Are the shadows softened TOO much compared to the last one (the post above this one)?

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_06.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	71563

Blog Entries

Wip Colors, textures, and rivers... oh my!

Today I blended the land colors a little better and added some texture to the land. Also I attempted to give the rivers a little more definition.

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_07.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	71607

Blog Entries

Wip Best color so far

I think I really like this one and that may be it, I may be done with the coloring. I can really feel the world coming to life now.

I felt like the colors were a little too washed out in the last version, so I took a break and brainstormed away from the computer and the map. Eventually an idea popped into my head, so I grabbed my phone to take a look at the map. For some reason I decided to toy with the simple editing tools and filters on my phone and some how found one that I thought would look good blended in with what I had done so far. So I added yet anther layer to this massive PS file and worked a little digital magic and here is the result.

I also touched up the rivers just a bit.

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_08.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	71618