Hey, what's up mapographers! I'm making an effort to be more active in the community, so here is my first ever publicly displayed map! This is a rough work in progress, but I told myself I had to stop making excuses for why I didn't want to post any of my work.

This is one of the many incarnations of a world I have been developing for my fiction. The examples I'm posting right now are the very first stages of the (latest) full world map (I'm a top down builder). There's not much to them right now. I just started on this version yesterday. Shortly before this post I got bored with the real work and started fooling around in Photoshop with one version and gave it a border, name, compass rose, and a few artsy touches, but I was just goofing about at that point.

Right now I'm just trying to get the "base map" to a point that I can develop smaller areas with more detail, all from one consistent map. Torstan mentions on his blog that, when world building, "a map shouldn't be pretty". I agree for the most part, but I at least like to get something half-way decent to look at while I'm writing.

I don't plan on putting too much work into the full world map other than adjusting/blending some colors a little better and a few other aesthetic modifications. Also a few rivers are just stupid, but they were generated in Wilbur and as of this posting I haven't made any sort of corrections.

I'm not sure about the ocean colors, so the first two images are the same map with ocean variation. The third version is the one I was just playing around in Photoshop and seeing what would happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_02.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	71526 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_03.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	71527 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cart_Guild_WIP_04.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	71528

More to come.......