Thread: Age of Worms Adventure Path Maps

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Wip Age of Worms Adventure Path Maps

I've not posted here for a while, but I'm starting a new D&D 5E game for my kids, using Paizo's Age of Worms adventure path, published back when they used to produce Dungeon magazine for WotC.

There are a few sets of really nice maps already available online for this campaign, most noteably those by Cisticola on the Dunjinni forums and by Hero339 on Deviantart, I'll be falling back on these when necessary as I'm a slow mapper and I don't want to hold up my game, but I'm going to try and create my own versions of all the maps if possible.

This is an almost complete WIP of the entrance area of the first dungeon location in the campaign "The Whispering Cairn." The cairn a tomb from a long forgotten war, already looted many times by thieves and considered haunted by the local children. However all is not as it appears, and if the adventurer's can solve the tomb's elaborate puzzle they will gain access to hidden areas untouched for many years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whispering_Cairn_01_Plus_v5_2000.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	71730

This is the first map that I've created using the newly released CC3+ version of campaign cartographer. I've used the same style as I did for my older "Dragon's Demand" map, but recreated the template from scratch with the intention to produce a pdf tutorial when I've finished the entire dungeon.

I just need to add a few more things inside the tomb and then fill in the exterior area.

The floor tiles are Neyjour's dungeon tile 3 from her Deviantart page, rotated/copied and then shuffled up in GIMP using RobA's tile-shuffle script, and then imported into CC3+.

The bare floor areas use Ko-Design's Rock 2 pattern (also from Deviantart) as this was the background pattern that Neyjour used for her tiles, and I wanted the stairs, etc to properly match the floor tiles.

The rubble is from the Dunjinni forums, made by Greytale.

The floor cracks are also from the Dundjinni forums, but I'll have to look up who created them.

I need to try and finish this map, plus the three other hidden dungeon areas for the weekend, so hopefully I'll be updating this thread regularly.

The attached file is a jpg scaled as 50px = 5ft due to the 4MB upload limit, the original 100px = 5ft png file is available HERE.

Nice map, but why ends the dungeon into the blackness?

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Rautatilhi View Post
    Nice map, but why ends the dungeon into the blackness?
    Thanks.

It's a work in progress, my "empty page" was a black background - the black area is the outside of the dungeon, I'll be doing that next.

Nice work, looks like a great start!