Thread: completed maps for my campaign of various locales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This map is one of my largest project. i knew i would need it several weeks in advance so i got to spend alot of time on it. this is my first experiment on trying to make debth in components of my map, which i barely succeeded at hehe. As you can see it has some stairs, a ledge and some slopes on the outside. to be honest this map could probably be better without it, but without trying i wont succeed at all so i decided to keep it in.

This map is a natural cave with many rooms and segments currently occupied by a decently sized clan of lizardmen. They use the waterpools to travel quickly and lay devastating ambushes due to natural tunnels formed connecting the ponds.

This cave also holds a large stone slab imprinted with symbols and carved. in my campaign atleast it was part of a lock and key puzzle where it would crack open upon solving, revealing a stair case leading downwards for another attempt at me to kill the players >.

This image of the map does not do it justice. the original map is huge at 4096x6144. so big i went into making this map thinking that i would make a 2x3 grid of 2048x2048 maps. the original psd file ended at 250mb i think. even the png is well above what this site will accept, but you can get the gist of the map without zooming too much i hope hehe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caratrean Stronghold.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	71824
    Last edited by Leondias; 03-20-2015 at 11:45 PM.