Thread: [ProArtist] Knowing about publication of your map

Banned User

Default [ProArtist] Knowing about publication of your map

I'm curious how you all work with authors who plan to publish some time in the future. Do you somehow keep track, keep contact, or get notification of the publication of a map you have done?

Is it up to the author whether or not you post a finished map before publication of the book? Or to the publisher? Or do you just always wait, and if so, how do you find out when it's ok to post the map in your portfolio?

Cheers,
    Cornelia

Good question. I have one i'm sitting on for almost a year. I'd ask the client if it's ok but I'm not the most experienced in this area.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Contact the publisher, not the author, just as you the cartographer is in the dark about a product release that you were part, often so is the author just as in the dark as you. Its always the publisher who has this information. At the end of any commission, if I don't already know when it will be released, I ask at the end of the commission, and if the release date is yet unknown, I ask the publisher to provide me a heads up on the release date. Sometimes products fall off their schedules and cannot meet their intended release dates - which is something also to consider.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations