Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CC3 Feature Suggestions

I am not an official ProFantasy representative, but many of these are common questions and concerns. Some notes:

1. The scroll wheel does zoom. Clicking and dragging on the center mouse wheel pans around the screen if selected in the options.

2. CC3+ is built on a CAD engine from the 1990s with a whole lot of customization. One of the limitations of this engine is that it needs a drawing and a window on that drawing open at all times, even if it's just an empty one. You can see this if you try to use the close box on the active window (it tells you "You cannot close the only window on your drawing").

3. The cursor issue is another item from the product's heritage. I do agree that the single-line crosshair cursor and XOR drawing for cursors do not mix terribly well with today's high-resolution and high-color displays. It's on the wish list of things to fix, but I'm not sure how high it's going to get on the priority list in the near future.

4. The action-object mode of interaction with the software is another heritage element for the software that would require a significant amount of product modification to effect. The official statement appears to be "do the tutorials, you'll get used to it". I'm not sure that it's a great answer, but putting in the time to do the training does seem to work for many people.

The product does offer an object-action mode (Tools>>Options, "Enable left button preselect"), but this mode isn't at all what most people want. In a piece of software PowerPoint or other common Windows drawing programs, you will select the thing(s) that you want affect and then you are presented with visual feedback elements like handles and cursor changes that you can use to perform direct manipulation (e.g. move, scale, rotate) of the selected objects. The left-button preselect mode in CC3 allows you to select objects and then perform the operation, but there are no handles to do direct manipulation of those objects. Even when left-button preselect is used, there are still many commands that ignore pre-selection and ask to entities to work with.

5. See Edit>>Erase. If you're using the left-button preselect operation, Edit>>Erase works in the manner I think that you're expecting. If left-button preselect is off, you'll need to select the Edit>>Erase command, select the items to erase, the right-click and select "Do It" to finish the command.

6. ProFantasy is a relatively small company and seems to be focused on product updates and new content. They do offer a "Tome of Ultimate Mapping" product that goes in-depth on most aspects of the software. CC3+ was intended as an enhanced version of CC3, which is why the documentation may reference earlier versions. I do admit that I haven't looked at the documentation in some years, however...

7. As Arkidemis points out, there are quite a few tutorial videos out there on the internet. They are not implemented in-product as a scripted elements, however. I'm not sure that in-product scripting is feasible at this stage in the product development.

8. I do agree that a comprehensive glossary in the base product would be a nice addition.

Deleted by user.
    Last edited by GSEC; 03-18-2018 at 06:45 AM.

They do get to ProFantasy, but the best place for quick and official response for suggestions to ProFantasy is probably at their official web site. Some folks do like to try to help out if possible in the local context. I apologize if I was being offensive or butting in where I was not wanted.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456