Thread: Sorrow Island

Map Sorrow Island

Hand drawn map done during a reunion (I guess it could be considered a part of Boredom Country). 0.7 pen and white posca on craft. 1h30 for the drawing then labels done with PS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorrow Island.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	859.6 KB 
ID:	87125

Not my favorite I've seen from you, and the red labels aren't my favorite, but still, for that little time it's excellent!
    The border is really neat, and I'm wondering why there are different letters for the compass rose.
    Nice job.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

If I were your agent I'd be booking as many reunions as I could possibly imagine. These 'boredom country' maps of yours are terrific

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Not my favorite I've seen from you, and the red labels aren't my favorite, but still, for that little time it's excellent!
    The border is really neat, and I'm wondering why there are different letters for the compass rose.
    Nice job.
    I can only agree with you on the quality Josiah, it was drawn on A5 paper with a way too big pen but, still, it was fun to do. About the red labels, what would you propose ? Maybe something more dark ? Labeling ain't my strong suit.

About the border, thanks but I cannot take any credit for it, I did not drew it. It comes from I do not know which site as I found it through google image. By the way, I just spotted that I did not use the same opacity for the two borders.

The compass rose's letters are for the french cardinal points in the middle ages : North is Septentrion, East is Levant, West is Ponant ans South is Midi. With the english labels, it doesn't make any sens but ... it's done, I could have used french labels but, despite the recent french invasion of the Guild, too few people would have understood.

@ Mouse : Thanks you kindly dear little rodent.

Yes, perhaps a darker red. Especially since the linework isn't even black, it's something more like a dark blue, I find the red you have now drowns out the linework.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Here's a fixed version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorrow Island.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	852.7 KB 
ID:	87135

Guild Journeyer

I like it Thomrey, the earlier version wasnt bad either!

Thanks Ilgoth. I realize that the hand drawn strokes clash with the share edged labels. I'll have to add a little bit of scatter next time to get that grainy feeling.