Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sagemound [WIP]

Wow, there is so much to like with this map. First, the roof tiling is great and irregular. Second the shadows work well, did you draw them or is it a 3d model? 3. The fish eye contour view of the cliffs (very well drawn) also calls to me. Most of all, I like the frontal elevation. It gives you so much more of an idea of what the place is like. I really do like the way that you have not used an inset line between the map and the elevation so the flow isn't broken. Can you tell us a little more about the place? Who lives there? What is the surrounding location like? Politics? Function? The atmosphere the map conveys to me is of quite a happy, prosperous place. It's bright, no ruined bits. Is that the right conclusion I should draw? My only reservation is the copies of the buildings in the side panels. They are drawn at the same size as the ones already on the map and don't add any more information. Maybe cutaways or floorplans of these buildings would be more informative (but the work.....the work...). Loving it so far though, you're really talented, J.E!

Thanks Abu. Yeah, there were a lot of typos. Thanks for letting me know.
    Thank you as well Ravs. I just put up a finished map thread that has the history in there.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...164#post273164
    Regarding the shadows, they are all drawn in PS along with everything else here. I think this is the first time I did nearly everything in PS.
    Well, I guess I did start from a rough pencil sketch, so not everything.
    I would say you are right on target about the feel of the place.
    I originally wanted to do the sewers and underground caverns as well. Not sure if that will manifest or not.
    It would be very cool to do a small map module with the building floorplans and sewers and surrounding land.
    Maybe once I know more about how to go about it I can do something like that with DTRPG.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456