Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commission - Mercury

Here is an update. Left frame is Longshore. The icons on the left frame are not made by me. It's from another Mutant Chronicles map. The right frame is a cutaway map (and the cities are made by me). The client wanted Longshore to... *takes a deep breath* ...be positioned in a crater, in a ravine, in a cave, on an underground island in an underground lake, with a city below in another cave, just under the city on the island in the cave in the ravine in the crater on mercury.

I haven't done anything with the border yet, but I'll try to match it better with the parchment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercury_surface_109b.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1,012.4 KB 
ID:	73529
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

That's very nice looking, Obbehobbe. The cutaway view of the city is really great. The other one is less consistent with its sparse buildings (imho).

Alright. Here I've tried to match the border better with the paper, giving it a sketchy feel. Also some general improvements (I think). What do you think?

Name:	mercury_surface_110.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	954.2 KB 
ID:	73623
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

The new border looks really great. I'm a big fan of your longshore cutaway map, but have to agree with ilanthar that the two depictions of the city are pretty different. Was it the client's wish to implement the icons on the right map?

Yes, it was the clients wish to keep both. Anyway. I'll try to make it work. The map is heading towards its finale... here is another update.
    Here I've been working some more on the border, and the textures. Also added some underground subways.

Name:	mercury_surface_112b.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	73685
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 05-28-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Obbe, the work you did on the frame worths it in my opinion, it looks way more consistent now

Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
    I am currently working on a futuristic (obviously!) map over mercury! I've got pretty far, but I shall add more details such as icons, more labels and eventually a map over Longshore and Longshore undercity. Let me know what you think! This is the first map I've made with my brand new Cintiq 13HD.

Mercury is very hot, and the slope of the mountains and craters are almost burning. The settlements are all underground with connecting subways. All the cities belong to Mishima... oh, guess the RPG?

Attachment 73172
    That looks fantastic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12