In Sarithus' Mordor wip thread the idea came up as a friendly challenge to do a Middle Earth map of some sort.

Sapiento had said 'Cool. I was actually playing with the idea of doing a Middle Earth map.'
To which I wrote 'Now that would make for an interesting monthly challenge. Mapping Middle Earth.
I would have to get in on that. '
Max added 'Dang. I was also thinking about mapping something of ME as well Why not going for a friendly "challenge" here, each one would pick up a part of it and map it? Looks like Mordor is already taken '

Which got the ball rolling for me.

Now in all fairness we hijacked Sarithus' thread and have dually apologized for that.
So I started this thread for any further conversation regarding this friendly challenge.

I have too much work to do right now... which is why I just jumped in and started a full map of Middle Earth last night.
Cause I'm dumb like that. I still intend to do some closer in maps of places like Mirkwood or Rivendell, maybe Bree. I always thought Bree would be cool to map. And the Shire. But I just thought doing the whole map would get me familiar with it all again.
I haven't read Tolkien in many years so I'm a bit rusty and dusty on MidE.
I may start a wip for those maps. This thread is just for convo on the subject I guess.

I never really thought about how unrealistic some of Middle Earth's land and rivers are until I started working on this map.
It would be really cool to see how many people would want to join in on this.
We already have some really great ME maps here on the guild already.