Thread: In Need of Fantasy Map for Book

Post In Need of Fantasy Map for Book

At the moment I found a cartographer to help me with this project. I thank you for any interest if you have emailed me.

Introduction:
    I am in need of a map for the fantasy book I am writing. I am in the initial stages of the book and at the moment it is just a personal project. I am a visual person and I would really like a map to help me get a better idea of how my book will unfold. I need the map to see how the characters will travel and what the scenery is like in their locations.

Design Concept:
    The style I would like the map to be would be similar to the map of Westeros, Alagaesia or Middle Earth (I do not intend any copyright infringement by mentioning these maps. I do not own the copyright for the maps mentioned. I simply like the style and would like my map to be of the same style with no copying of any kind). I would like it to be 2-3 large continents separated by sea with a couple sets of islands. Clear marking of mountain ranges, rivers, forests, cities and towns. I have one specific request regarding the location of two of the cities and I can explain that in further detail if this project interests you. The reason for this is because of a certain event I need to take place in the book is dependent on these locations being placed properly. Other than that, the cartographer can decide where other features on the map will go based on what they think is best. If input is needed or desired I have no problem with that as well. I will provide names of all locations and features of the map.

Number of maps:
    I only need the one map as of now.

Technical:
    Resolution: 300 dpi
    Scale: I would like possibly two scales. A large print scale and a small scale to be used in the book.
    Color: B&W or Color is fine. It would be nice to see both and decide which is best but not a necessity.
    File Type: .pdf is good. Jpeg, Tiff, or EPS. I leave it to your expertise on which format to use. Basically, whichever one retains the highest image quality upon saving.

Transfer of files: Whatever is easiest. Open to recommendations.

Deadline:
    Very Flexible.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer. However, cartographer cannot reproduce map for any other use and is to be used strictly for this project.
    At the moment, the map is used for personal use.
    If the book makes it to publishing, cartographer will receive full credit and mention for the design of the map.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps after first notifying cartographer.

Payment and Design Process:
    Open to negotiations on payment
    $200.00, payable via Paypal.

Stage 1 – initial concept sketch – once approved A $50.00 payment will be made via Paypal to start if needed
    Stage 2 – A 50% design development submittal for review – once approved
    Stage 3 – Final Maps $150.00 balance paid upon delivery and acceptance of the final files.

Cartographer will receive a negotiated commission for the first six months after book if published if publishing occurs.
    Two print copies of the finished book upon publication

Contact
    For now via this thread or email but I only recently created this account in an attempt to get a map.
    my email is jameslaux.terrain@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Labadoux; 06-25-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Found Cartographer

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Hello,

I have just dropped you an email. Look forward to speaking with you about this project!

Thanks,
    Cirias