Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another great job 12Rounds!

I love seeing some of the other deities 'come into play'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think Sir Alberto Goren may go well in Steel General's area of the Thargellian Highlands, if you're interested in helping inspire that region a bit.

-IG

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Interesting, IG. That was exactly what I was looking at from the Wiki as a place for the good paladin to live.

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    Interesting, IG. That was exactly what I was looking at from the Wiki as a place for the good paladin to live.
    Sounds good to me, maybe this will help me get motivated to expand my little 'area of the world'.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    Heh.. you know what they say about great minds and all. Not exactly sure how that applies to us, but you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Sounds good to me, maybe this will help me get motivated to expand my little 'area of the world'.
    That was kind of the point. Well that, and the area fit.

-IG

Another fantastic piece!

Cool idea RR!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

It's been a month since last image update.

Now I have a new computer rig set-up and today's update is the first produced with the new set-up. I've got myself a 64-bit Ubuntu Linux running on a very fast 6Gb RAM, Intel i7 920 quad-core with 4 disks (1Tb, 500Gb are data disks, 10000rpm 150Gb Velociraptor is a systems disk and a 60Gb solid-state drive for uber-fast data access for 3D resources). It took me some days to get things going, but the speed difference is remarkable for both 2D and 3D work.

=================
    Name: Carl Falcone
    Race: human

Carl Falcone is not a born-and-raised Akronian eventhough a good number of his large family lives in the City State of Akron. His story begun on a merchant boat where his mother gave birth enroute from Akron to an unknown location in the Thanelands trying to reach her husband and Carl's father. His mother died in child-birth and took with her the identity of Carl's biological father. The ship's captain felt pity for the newborn and later on adopted him. Carl's adopted father was from the Thanelands and thus Carl was raised there and accustomed to a foreign culture. His childhood was not easy and he was always considered an "outsider" by even his half-brothers and friends in the community. At Carl's 16th birthday his father revealed him the truth of Carl's origin and gave him all the knowledge he had gathered about Carl's mother. A few years later when it was time for him to leave his childhood's nest, he took upon himself a quest to seek out his mother's family not knowing what to expect. A year later he had rejoined his biological family in Akron, but he had grave difficulties blending in the Akronian society. He was largely considered a Thane and things hadn't been quite right between Akron and Thanelands for quite some time. After several difficult years, Carl eventually reached a conclusion that he was not a welcome presence in the city and started a short, but bloody career as a caravan guardian for the Alleuri merchant family.

5 years ago Carl met Artor Cambori at a tavern in Karthis. Both of them had had too much to drink and they ended up starting a massive bar brawl that eventually needed 20 members of the city guard to cool down. They were thrown in the same cell in the hopes they would just kill each other and be done over with, but lo and behold the two men actually befriended that night laughing their heads off at the mayhem they had caused. Carl had just ended a 2-week long merchant caravan guard duty and a few days later Artor approached him offering him a position in his mercenary group. Carl took on the offer and has been a member since. Warder Keep and Cambori's group offered Carl a safe haven in which he felt accepted and at home the first time in his life.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Excellent ! You must have been typing that whilst I was uploading some of your characters to a set on my site - thanks for that btw. This guys just missed out it seems. Sounds like a nifty PC you have there. Mine is pretty fast but the disk speed is low. Your 10K + flash disk should cure that issue. I find now that I have multi gigs of ram swapping is a no goer cos it takes minutes to shuffle that onto HDD. You should try a linpack run ! Blender and POVray both fly on quads. I like this character cos he is quite generic. You could use him in a number of roles from woodsman to guard and in several classes in RPG too esp if slightly tweaked in each case. Great stuff, ill see if I can rep again but I bet it wont let me.

Hey! That's Brian Thompson!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTM2ODA3NDg0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTcyNDky._V1._SX311_SY400_.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	10839  
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast