Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

12Rounds, I think you're adding a lot of flavour to the world with these descriptions and drawings. The maps are nice, but these really add life and adventure hooks to the world. I just wish I could load some more rep on immediately. I'll have to go share some around so I can come back and add rep for these.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think this latest one is my favorite so far. Great job!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I think this latest one is my favorite so far. Great job!
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I figured I was just being biased.

-IG

Blog Entries

Flippin eck - I just come here to snag that lizard man and there's another one ! Your on a roll !

I really love the purple mist and the way you have used the transparency to good effect.

I have a viking longboat now so just need to get a map base going and then were in for some lizard butt kickin' action.

Blog Entries

Heh - thought you would like this...

Added a few natty hair do's

Edit -- Added second pic ( after Ascensions post ) for clarity. I did say that my token would look positively amateur next to kimmo's.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-03-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love the Loki-lookin dude with green hair
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I love the Loki-lookin dude with green hair
    Thats Crazy Krull out in front. He wears a headdress made out of lizardman skin with lizard man hands as antlers.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...0&postcount=11

He tries (pretty successfully) to bait them up into fury so they attack him first instead of the merchants and passengers that hes protecting. Tho the lizard men know he does this and warns the younglings to avoid him they just cant help it.

More...

http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/i...AndTheHardOnes

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

@jfrazierjr: I hope you can use this. I tried to make this with your instructions (blonde long hair, middle-aging, leather armor, bracers, longsword and a backpack).

Here is an elf adventurer named Amrod Elensar who was born in Witchlight Strand and whose heart still belongs to that area. However, Amrod is not like his fellow elves in that he has a yearning for adventure and travelling. He is not very well respected among his brethren because of his thirst of knowing how things are outside the elven lands, but nevertheless his semi-frequent visits to his homeland bring valuable and interesting stories from many faraway places.

Amrod Elensar has no noble blood running in him and his upbringing hasn't cultivated him into anything special. However his parents had enough vision so that they provided Amrod with many useful skills instead of doing like many of their kin do - narrowly focus on one specialty field in which one can try to excel over others similarly focused. Amrod got most of his magical training deep in the elven forests, but his swordmanship has been gained mostly in the outside world. Amrod has very good skills in dealing with hostile terrain and he is a veritable elven rarity in that he can act as a crew member in a merchant ship. Not many elven are determined enough to see the world in that they would accept a low paying job in a marine vessel.

Amrod has a cautious and careful base nature which must be one of the reasons why he is still alive. He has had at least a dozen adventuring companions most of whom have now either died or settled down some place. Amrod has made numerous good friends among his travels and he actually has very good and reliable contacts in almost a hundred cities the faraway lands have to offer.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wunderbar!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Tylla Redleaf runs the city's most popular tavern, The Wyvern's Nest, in Port Magalie, Witchlight Strand. Wyvern's Nest might not be the most original of names. In fact, Captain Morgan's Traveler's Guidebook makes notice of at least three other taverns by the exact same name - and it only tells us the places you don't want to miss while travelling. Nevertheless Tylla's place has been in existence almost two decades.

Originating from Callie's Thicket Tylla Redleaf migrated out of the halfling colony after a long feud with the leaders of her community. That was over two decades ago and the feud has been long since settled upon. But Tylla found herself reluctant to return to her ancestrial lands and instead chose to pursue the career of an independent enterpreneur.

The Wyvern's Nest is located right at the heart of Port Magalie - in the central district that joins the port area to the other districts of the buzzing city. The tavern is not only a success among the many ship crews that find themselves spending too much of their hard-earned cash in the city's night life, but also among the residents of the city itself. Tylla's tavern serves above average rations. Not only in quality but also in quantity. The best recipies are in the head of Tylla herself and two other halflings she has hired in the kitchen. Tylla doesn't spend all her time in the tavern though. She has adopted many positions in the city's governing bodies and is also the current head of Port Magalie's Citizen's Development Committee that aims to make constructive suggestions on how to improve the city.

Tylla is a joyful and hearty person with a healthy dose of sense of irony and humor. She also has a short fuse when it comes to obnoxious drunkenness and it's not an uncommon sigth to see Tylla with her big club sweeping out the more rowdy patrons of the good tavern. Her courageous laughter betrays her cunning accuracy with the thing and her special clubbing move ends with the thing convincingly and solidly thumping in the ... erm ... lower abdominal area of the recipient.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast