Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The going rate for things like this is $2-$5 for 20-30 tokens, or something along those lines. If you were to create similar creatures in a set, I expect you could probably bang them out around 3 hours each on average. 20 figures x 3 hours each = 60 hours / $3 a pack and you would just need to sell 30 packs to make $20 per hour. For this quality, I would certainly pay a couple of bucks for 20 tokens(though probably over a 2-3 months time)

I know for me, I would love to have a good number (30 or so each) tokens of Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, Elves, Dwarfs, halflings, etc. In most cases, you might find around 5 good ones of the monster races and I personally would like a bit more variety(since I tend to like larger scale battles)

As for VTT's if you have a projector, large screen TV, or every player has a computer/laptop at the table, using a VTT can bring some great new features to your play. For example, when everyone uses a computer, most VTT's offer independent views for the assigned token owner. What that means is Thark(played by Billy) goes around a corner by himself while Seth(Played by Jim) stays a few feet from the corner. With many VTT's, Billy will "see" several orcs on his version of the map while Jim will not because the VTT handles actual line of site issues as if it were a real person (but from a top down perpective of course!) Also, many VTT's offer some type of dice rolling or even macro creation so you can automate any complicated formulas. This part drastically speeds up play IMO. I have seen the same battle run live in "normal" face to face and the same battle run in a VTT and the VTT one lasted 1/3 of the time (and was just as exciting). Granted, there were different players, but the characters were pretty much the same types/rolls between the two sessions. Not having to think about adding up bonus x/penlaty y, etc can speed the game up. Even when I play in our face to face group, I play diceless now and rarely take more than 5 seconds to report my action and results to the GM, while several others using dice typically take 30 seconds or more. This does not count when a player fumbles dice and has to reroll. Full Disclosure: One of our biggest holdups in our face to face game is one player who does not pay attention AND tends to ask all sorts of dumb questions during his turn AND is a rules lawyer. We even had to have the GM implment a shot clock just because of this player. So, this may taint my experiences.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

12rounds, I would love to see some more tokens if your willing to put in the effort. I would be more than happy to pay $3-$5 for a (around) 30-60 pack of tokens and I am sure many others would also.

Here is an example of the work done by Devin (Night???) if you want to see some samples of what I mean. Deven creates token packs for sale and even does custom work by request (for payment of course). Devon makes some nice tokens(I have purchased 2 packs and the have the free packs), but many of them are a bit "cartoony" for my personal preference.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.