Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aug / Sept 2015 Lite Challenge: Parchment Scroll Brushes for Photoshop

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Yeah, these are great. I'm looking forward to seeing them come together as a set, and trying them out. Curly paper has always caused me troubles

Also the one pretty much right in the middle makes me think of a halfling who lost her pipe but not her pipeweed.
    "Lidda! I know your pipe got broken but did you have to use the minor illusion scroll!?"
    "… uh… yeah… I don't think it was minor…"

cheers,
    Meshon

Banned User

Here are the six brushes I have selected as the six elements the challenge is limited to. The final brush set will contain many more.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample Parchment Brushes for Lite Challenge 01.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	75647

Here is a greyscale parchment shape I made with those six brushes, using the one line in three places to connect the shaded elements.

Name:	Sample Parchment Greyscale 01.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	75648

And here is a color parchment I made by selecting the outside of the greyscale shape, then deleting that portion of a parchment texture layer, and adding a brown background.

Name:	Sample Parchment Color 01.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	75649

This is great Chick. As good as it is, I can see where a 6 element limit greatly restricts what can be done with this set.

Since I am the only other person to post so far, I am considering raising the limit to 10. Does anyone object to that change? (also posted in the main post)

Banned User

To be perfectly honest, I have about 90 of them so far

Here are the six and I think people can try them out well enough with this, no real need to up the limit. I'll post the whole set after the challenge finishes.

Parchment Scroll Photoshop Brushes by Cornelia Yoder.zip

In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing how many different parchment scrolls people will post here using just those six
    Last edited by Chick; 08-26-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Hey Chick, that's a really cool and useful entry for this lite challenge! The final, coloured version looks great. Good to hear you had so much fun doing the brushes.

Not only are these very pretty, they're also very useful and extremely flexible. Great idea for the challenge! Well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

That came out really well. I'll add simple implementation to what ChickPea said, but the rest would be repetition. Very nice job on this!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I have about 90 of them so far
    Here are the six and I think people can try them out well enough with this, no real need to up the limit.
    In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing how many different parchment scrolls people will post here using just those six
    Even though there were no real objections to changing the limit, Chick is good with the 6 item limit so we will keep it as is.

reeeally great I'm always not satisfied by any try of making drawn parchment. Great work !!

Chick, I can't wait to see your whole set! I can't tell you how often I've looked for something like this. Regardless of whether you win the challenge, this will be very useful for a lot of people. Thanks for being so generous!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast