@ HandwaviumAdAbsurdum:
Making more of the Akanrian Through submerged is something I considered at one point, and even made a sketch of how it would look like. However, I wasn't too happy with the overall look, so I ultimately decided against it (largely on aesthetic grounds admittedly). In geologic terms the trough definitely should be deeper than it is. My main explanation for the abnormally high elevations of the Akanrian Trough (as well as many other cases in C. Eocidar) is that the continent is undergoing active rifting and I envision something like the African Superplume causing major epeirogenic uplift (more or less the "hotspot explanation"). The feedback is still much appreciated, though (and who knows, perhaps I will change my mind at some point) .

The Trans-Eocidarian Rift System turned out to be a pretty big headache for me (especially the central portions), with many revisions. The rift is envisioned to be more "mature" along the western parts, while the eastern part is somewhat less developed, with a major strike-slip component. But I definitely see your point here, the rift system could surely be a bit more complicated in structure. After I've finished the remaining parts of the continent, I'll probably do a bit of touch-up on the previously completed portions (C. Eocidar and Akanrias), so this is something I'll probably revisit in the future.