Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I feel I have to point you to this tutorial - not because I made it but because you need it In some plates, namely the larger ones, your directions for the movement won't hold when on a sphere... Try using g.plates. It will help a lot.

It also helps, sometimes, to draw in a sphere. Using this site.

Second resource to get things right is this set of animations. Your world seems to be in an advanced stage of supercontinent breakup, so it will help to see animations of continents drifting.

Now, concerning what you've done so far. From what I see the Eocidarian, Druegian and Tyandorian plates were the core of that supercontinent and started their separation long ago. The Tyandorian and the Druegian followed together for a while and the Tyandorian recently started to move northwards. This much is clear and believable - you should use it as a base.

Have you noticed that, on Earth, Oceanic subduction will create curved boundaries, with the concave side on the ocean and the convex side on the continental plate. That's not happening in a few places in your planet.

Also, the way the "zig zag" of mid-ocean ridges takes form isn't random, it will fit the direction of the spread... originating in this sort of situation:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAmerica_Africa_rift_large.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	76353

Finally, as for your question about Anthartica - yes, it seems it will breakup in the future, it has a linear highlands system and volcanoes in that area, just like the line that more or less goes from Mozambique to Ethiopia in Africa, which is a well known rift.

But I've got to say - this step is a heck of a great step from your first draft. You seem in the right track, but you are aware that your landshapes need to be a little flexible for this part of the process, right?
    Last edited by Pixie; 09-28-2015 at 06:17 PM.