Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The resolution of the world map is 5800x2900. In the case of Urgaleon, it is the same as in the regional map I posted (1120x1010). I've been a bit reluctant to use Wilbur's Dilate+Erode for fear of losing details, but maybe if I do the Wilbur-processing at 2x resolution it becomes less of a problem.

Btw, here is how the world map looks like now (with the deglaciated topography):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr VI.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.00 MB 
ID:	137379

What is a bit of an issue are the "stretch marks" resulting from re-projecting the polar-centric equirectangular back to regular equirectangular via GProjector. While browsing through Worldbuilding Pasta's blog a while back, I noticed he had an alternate method of reprojecting maps, using a Python-script as I recall. I think the main benefit was the lack of GProjector's resolution limits, anyone tried out if it also produces less distortion?
    Last edited by Charerg; 04-05-2024 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    The resolution of the world map is 5800x2900. In the case of Urgaleon, it is the same as in the regional map I posted (1120x1010). I've been a bit reluctant to use Wilbur's Dilate+Erode for fear of losing details, but maybe if I do the Wilbur-processing at 2x resolution it becomes less of a problem.

Btw, here is how the world map looks like now (with the deglaciated topography):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr VI.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.00 MB 
ID:	137379

What is a bit of an issue are the "stretch marks" resulting from re-projecting the polar-centric equirectangular back to regular equirectangular via GProjector. While browsing through Worldbuilding Pasta's blog a while back, I noticed he had an alternate method of reprojecting maps, using a Python-script as I recall. I think the main benefit was the lack of GProjector's resolution limits, anyone tried out if it also produces less distortion?
    This is way larger than my usual worldmaps as I cannot work with larger than 21 k maps , they crash wilbur and other tools I have may be because I would need a more powerfull pc?
    Anyway one I found the resolution I used perfectly fine, but if you want you could select single continents , enlarge , work on them and higher res anth then rescale back.