Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The colour scheme is in general not my favorite, but I think the adjusted colours look better than before. This may be something you're still going to add, but right now the only thing that has any texture is the mountains, while the flat land is a solid colour.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    The colour scheme is in general not my favorite, but I think the adjusted colours look better than before. This may be something you're still going to add, but right now the only thing that has any texture is the mountains, while the flat land is a solid colour.
    Well, I'm going for a bit of an "old map"/sepia look, so I don't think I'll add any strong colours to the flat land. Although perhaps some areas like deserts and steppes deserve to be highlighted. I'll have to experiment a bit about that.

That said, I kind of want the mountains to "stand out" from the rest of the map, so I try to avoid making it overly detailed. While some kind of visual differentation between forests, mediterranean climes, deserts and steppes would be nice, it will have to be pretty subtle.

Another thing that might end up in the final map is a sort of cloud texture in the background, to highlight the "old map" feel and also to break up the areas of solid colour a little. Although I'm not absolutely certain if that will work with this kind of map (that's another thing I'll have to experiment with).

Edit:

I finished the mountains (just some "adjustments" left to do in sections that I'm not entirely happy with). This time I changed the colour scheme to be more colourful (once again, opinions needed!):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arche.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	84633
    Last edited by Charerg; 06-22-2016 at 05:36 PM.