Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Menorias finished

Time for another of what seems to be bi-annual updates on Aduhr. So, I've finally finished Menorias, completing the continent of Eocidar (hooray!). Here are the maps:

Elevations:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menorias I.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	130595

Gradual (with bump map):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menorias II.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	130594

Unlike the previous maps, I spent the effort to remove the artifacts produced by Wilbur (essentially doing a lot of manual blurring post-Wilbur). As a result, Menorias has more of a "smooth finish". Previously I decided to leave the artifacts to add a bit of "randomness" to the map, though in hindsight I think I prefer the cleaner look. If you don't know what I'm referring to, here's a great post by Waldronate going over the limitations of Wilbur.

Next up, after adding Menorias to the world map and doing a lot blurring and a bit of touch-up in the already completed regions, I'll start work on the coastlines of the polar landmass (the continent of Urgaleon). I think I'll first sculpt the non-glaciated topography, then add the glaciers in afterwards (although I'll have to take the isostatic depression caused by the massive ice sheets into account there).
    Last edited by Charerg; 07-23-2021 at 07:11 AM.