Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Since I was "on the roll" with the climate maps, I decided to finish the climate manually instead of waiting for Azelor's script (since I'm using GIMP and the script is for PotoShop, this may have been necessary in any case). The manual implementation took quite a lot of time, but on the positive side it allowed for more manual "corrections" which turned out to be necessary since I screwed up with the preciptation maps in several places. Anyway, here is the more-or-less final result:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Köppen Climates.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	7.74 MB 
ID:	79467

In the map, I've included the oceanic currents that are climatologically significant. Red is warm and Blue is cold. They're there for easy reference. Other than that, I expanded the Köppen climate classification with two new categories: ES (steppe tundra) and EW (polar desert). These climate types are not included in the actual system, and I think they're practically nonexistent on present day Earth.

That said, both polar deserts and steppe tundra did exist on Earth during the Ice Ages, and since my world includes continents that are only partially glaciated (instead of practically entirely glaciated "islands" like Greenland and Antarctica), I felt it was useful to differentiate these drier polar climates from the usual tundra.

EDIT:
    Also, I refined my oceanic currents a little, here's the revised version:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr Currents.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	79472
    Last edited by Charerg; 01-24-2016 at 08:52 AM.