Hi, I've been lurking on this site since February, and thought I should finally post some of my work here.

So, I've been working over the summer on a world-building project. Based on the inspiration provided by similar world-building threads on this site, I decided to do a thorough job of it and build the tectonics at least roughly, as well as do the climate in detail.

More recently, I decided to do something of an "artistic rendition" of a topographic world map using a Kavrayskiy VII projection. So far, I've finished one continent (the large eastern continent called Rheada) and the oceanic topography. Unfortunately even the single continent took me about 2 weeks of work to reach its present state, which means it would be too time-consuming to do the entire world with this technique.

But, since the map looks decent even in its present unfinished state, here it is:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr.jpg 
Views:	1012 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	76306

The map is mostly done using the instructions found in Arsheesh's Eriond tutorial, although the mountains are generated separately and pre-processed through Wilbur before copying them to the actual map. I said the topography is an "artistic rendition" because some features such as mid-oceanic ridges and oceanic trenches are somewhat exaggerated.

I also did more of an actual topographic map of Rheada using the same black-and-white height map that the world map is based upon. Here is the result:

Name:	Rheada.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	570.5 KB 
ID:	76307

For the moment, I'm thinking about switching to an Equirectangular projection for the world-wide topographic map in order to make it possible to switch projections in GProjector. This time, I'm trying to find a technique to do the global topography within a reasonable timeframe, and I'll probably skip the oceanic topograhy. However, I'd like to first revisit the tectonic layout of the world and ask for some feedback on it.

I'm working on a draft of the revised tectonic layout, and I'll post it here for criticism once I complete it, but here is the old version of the tectonics for reference (the plate names are not final):

Name:	Aduhr Tectonics.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	76308

Any suggestions and criticisms are welcome, and I hope you enjoy the maps!