Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: My World of Kelleemah

There are a lot of nice elements in this Charles
    I really like the volcano and that water funnel in the sea.
    The ruins look good too.

Thanks J.Edward!

I am playing around with the suggestions that I got for my ocean areas again.
    I have created my "Kelleemah Banner", my Compass, and my Map Bar.
    These were chosen and modified to fit the history that has built up around my world over the years (first created in the 1980's).
    Please let me know what you think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Coming of the Grigori,

It is believed, that the Grigori were the first to arrive in Kelleemah.
    Whispered rumors say that they once rebelled against their "Hidden God" that they do not name.
    They were smote down at the battle of Dudael and were banished here.
    Most of the Grigori repented and chose to serve their god once again, while a small band still refused.
    Three times the repented have saved this world from the invading Shedim.
    The fierce Lords of War; Danel (God has Judged), Kokabiel (The Star of God), and Shamsiel (The Sun of God); ended the Faith Wars.
    It is these fire eyed angelic beings that grace most of our maps.
    They are symbols of goodness, bravery, and redemption.
    A reminder, that both the immortals and the mortalkind are trapped here together.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the White Elves, the Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelleemah Cartouches.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	81619  

wow, Charles... that comment seems to be following me everywhere! lol. I didn't realize you were here too, although I should have known.

I like the idea posted above about a 'heavier mist'. I also just realized something. You mentioned the 'green glowing ship', but I don't see the green glowing. It may just be me. I thought that ship was in the process of sinking. Which would make sense if there is supposed to be a ships graveyard there!

Speaking of which... have you thought about trying to manipulate the symbols to create half sunken ships? Maybe do a partial layering effect? I'm wondering if you could create the look with different sheets. Throwing out two more cents worth... after all, it worked the first time!

LadieStorm,

Nice to see you on here.

I did not highlight the Green Ship on the close ups, but it is on the high res version.

Below is a close up showing both the "Ghostly Glowing Green Ship" and the "Sinking Ship."

You suggested: "Speaking of which... have you thought about trying to manipulate the symbols to create half sunken ships? Maybe do a partial layering effect?" This is what I had done for the sinking ship, but I could not pull off the ships graveyard because there were not enough compatible ship symbols, in CC3+, to choose from that I could have used to pull it off (In effect, a ships graveyard using multiples of two ships).

The close up of the sinking ship shows how I had tilted the ship up on the left side (where the rocks are) and used another sheet layer to cover some of the right side to try and give it the feeling of slowly filling with water.

Name:	Sinking Ship.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	81672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Ship and Sinking Ship.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	81671  

Let me start by saying I am not a big fan of Campaign Cartographer.
    However, I really, REALLY like what you've done with it! It's quite aesthetically pleasant, the shape of it is pretty good and fantasy-ish, and it has a pretty distinct style, which I quite enjoy!
    Keep up the good work! And have some rep for all the hard work

Thanks Alturax - especially since you are not a big fan of Campaign Cartographer!

I really, really appreciate your encouraging comments.

Default Niflheimr, Thule, and The Midgard Serpent

Niflheimr,

High res version of Niflheimr
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U...ew?usp=sharing

High res version of Thule & The Midgard Serpent
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U...ew?usp=sharing

Far to the Northwest of the Vagothian realms is said to be the mythical lands of Niflheimr. These lands are named after a similar place from their old world. To find it, you must travel over 1,250 leagues heading Northwest from the Skjaldborg Eylands. A little over half way, you will come across the uninhabited island of Thule where your ship will have safe harbor. The waters between Thule and Niflheimr are known for the giant creatures of the deep that travel in great schools. It is said that Jormungandr, the Midgard Serpent, loves to hunt these beasts and causes great storms.

Niflheimr is a realm of primordial ice and cold and has born to the world many terrible things. There are 12 rivers, much like the place of legend from Vagoth's mythology, but a single spring is not the source of these, nor is there a great tree. These rivers are known as: Elivagar, Svol, Gunnthra, Fjorm, Fimbulthul, Slidr, Hrid, Sylgr, Ylgr, Vid, Leiptr, and Gjoll. This is a barren place, with no forests and little vegetation. The animals that do live here mostly dwell along the coast or within the sea. It is also believed that after the end of the Faith Wars, many powerful creatures and lesser gods may have fled to the mountains of Niflheimr.

A black dragon stalks these lands and is known as Nithhoggr, the Malice Striker! He lives in the mountain named Nithofjoll and guards the halls of Nastrond. Nastrond means the Corpse Coast, and it is believed that those who were murders, adulterers, and all who have had died of disease or old age dwell here and serve the Goddess Hel. These are the shores of the undead. They do not feel the cold, they never tire, and one day, they will march against Odin.

From Vagothian Lore:

"From below the dragon dark comes forth, Nithhoggr flying from Nithofjoll. The bodies of men on his wings he bears, the serpent bright. But now must I sink."

"A hall I saw, far from the sun. On Nastrond it stands, and the doors face north. Venom drops through the smoke-vent down, for around the walls do serpents wind. I there saw wading through rivers wild treacherous men and murderers too, and workers of ill with the wives of men. There Nithhoggr sucked the blood of the slain and the wolf tore men; would you know yet more?"

According to legend, Hel's abode is far to the northwest through many valleys and passes. A great city of many mansions sits before the caverns of Niflhel. It is guarded by the Modgudr, the Furious Battlers, a army of frost giants led by Helreginn, the frost giant queen. There are three gates. To the west is Valgrind the Carrion Gate. To the south is Helgrind the Hel Gate. And, to the east is Nagrind the Corpse Gate. On the Northern side of the city, a great abyss known as the Fallandaforad sits at the threshold of the Gates of Niflhel. Within the mountain is the great hall of Eljudnir as well as the caverns of Niflhel beneath.

Hel lives in Eljudnir. Her bed is call Kor the sick bed, and the bed curtains are called Blikjandabol the gleaming disasters. A small table sits within the bedchamber. On it is the dish called Hunger and the knife known as Famine. Two undead servants tend Hel's needs, Ganglati & Ganglot. The guardian hound Garmir lays at the foot of her bed. Hel leans on a staff, and like all Vagothian Gods, is girthed with a blade. Half her body is beautiful, alive, and full of color; while the other half is undead, deformed, and pale blue. Hel, the daughter of Loki, is a dread thing indeed.

The Vagothians can tell me many things about Niflheimr, they know the stories well, but I have yet to meet anyone that has actually been there or who were willing to go there. Even though it is on many maps, I am not sure that it truly exists. Someday, I will have to find the truth of Niflheimr.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.

Name:	Niflheimr 800.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	81914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thule and the Midgard Serpent 800.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	815.2 KB 
ID:	81915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nastrond.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	81916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nithofjoll.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	564.1 KB 
ID:	81918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Midgard Serpent.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	81919  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thule.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	675.9 KB 
ID:	81920  
    Last edited by CharlesRobinson; 04-17-2016 at 10:45 PM.

I have been real busy lately with my MBA finals for Spring Semester and have not had time to post anything new. I am taking the Social Media Theory and Practice course right now and I started my Graduate Level Internship yesterday.

One update for Kelleemah,

Ralf recently asked me if I would like to submit an article for the Profantasy blog about my world and I was honored to do so.

If you would like to read it, here is the link: http://rpgmaps.profantasy.com/

Default The Cultures of Kelleemah

Profantasy recently released Character Artist C3+

I just could not resist it - LoL!

I created the cultures for the regional maps that I have created so far:
    1. The Tribes of Vagoth (Fantasy version of Norsemen)
    2. The Dwarves of Sellevolk (The Quite People)
    3. Ljosalfr (The Light Elves) also known as the Hulda Folk (The Hidden Folk)
    4. Vigaferli (The Manslaughters!)

Name:	Vagoth.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	824.7 KB 
ID:	84069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sellevolk.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	829.8 KB 
ID:	84070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ljosalfr and Hulda Folk.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	821.8 KB 
ID:	84071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vigaferli.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	830.0 KB 
ID:	84072  

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast