Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov 2015 Lite Challenge: Map a River.

Post Oct / Nov 2015 Lite Challenge: Map a River.

Oct / Nov 2015 Lite Challenge: Map a River.

Make any kind of map you want, from continent to regional to close up battlemap, BUT, not only must it contain a river,
    the river should be the focal point of the map.
    Any Genre is OK, Medieval, Modern, Sci-Fi, real or fantasy. It could even be a trip map for one of the Viking River Cruises on the Rhine River.
    Just as long as the river is the primary detail of the map.

The challenge will run from now until November 14th, followed by 3 days of voting.

As usual, title your threads: Oct / Nov 2015 Lite Challenge: << your title here >>

Don't forget to put the hashtag ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures.
    And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

So no excuses, jump in and have some fun while you step up your skill set by pushing yourself.
    Last edited by Bogie; 10-18-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

For some reason this is so absolutely appealing to me. I must like rivers. Plus rivers are such a focal point for so many cultural practices. Like building cities.

Also it could have something to do with the fact that my Prepared! maps are almost done (one left!) so I'll have a little extra time on my hands…

I'll be giving this one a shot. Absolutely no idea what I'll do yet, but I'll come up with something.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Oh boy! Alert the river police...

This looks like fun. I'll have a go at this, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Corilliant View Post
    Oh boy! Alert the river police...

This looks like fun. I'll have a go at this, I think.

Haha, yup, everyone better be on their best behaviour!

Hope you manage to join in, Corilliant.

This could almost tempt me out of my hiatus, but I would have to post everything through my phone since my computer is currently sans internet connect ability.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

This looks like a fun challenge, my ancestry is native american, so I'll be using a story as my headwater.

River makes peace with itself

The rivers were a disgruntled lot. They had started out as tiny clear streams high up in the mountains and meandered through valleys and plateaus and plains. Their waters had swollen up during heavy rains and had then reduced to a trickle during summer. But on the whole, they had flourished.

And now, at the end of their journey, they had to merge with the sea. They would lose their precious freedom forever.

And yet, they couldn't stop themselves from flowing, could they? So they flowed till they reached the sea. "This is too unfair!" they said sadly to each other. "It's bad enough that we have to merge. It is worse that our sweet and drinkable water becomes terribly salty and tasteless when we merge with the sea."

The sea heard the rivers and looked amused, "If that's the way you feel, I see no point why you should join me at all. Go away.

Of course, there was no way the rivers could do that. Even if by some miracle they could change their course and not flow into the sea, their very survival was at stake. For, very few rivers can last on their own, without uniting with the sea. Most dry up and die. What use was independence if one did not live to enjoy it?

So the rivers made peace with their situation and flowed into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    This could almost tempt me out of my hiatus, but I would have to post everything through my phone since my computer is currently sans internet connect ability.
    You couldn't use a library or somewhere like that, and upload your pics from a USB stick? I can understand why you don't want to use your phone's data plan but it's a shame to miss out.

That is a possibility as well. Trying to get my hands on a laptop as well. Could run WiFi then. Still researching possibilities and time constraints.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Ooh. My husband has been thinking about running the Kingmaker adventure lately; I should consider doing a map of the Shrike, as it'd serve double duty. Being constrained by hexes, and by the official map, will be a new one.

I might be in once I'm done with this conference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast