Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Das emperyale Lvramion und umliegende Länder

That's the second time this happened, it was up for a few hours or even only minutes, and no apparently it's gone. I'll see if an admin can help me.

Reuploaded again, hopefully it works:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte145.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	9.41 MB 
ID:	77352

I darkened the background shadow of my city labels to make them stand out more. I think this goes in the right direction to make the labels more readable.
    I also added a few regional labels and added the shadows to some of them (right side below the middle).

I doubled the length of the map to make it easier to work with curved labels (though this naturally increased the filesize significantly).
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 11-11-2015 at 12:56 PM.

This is a very nice map. Lot´s of detail to get lost in and let ones mind wander.

The missing attachment might be due to file size. I'm just guessing though.
    It looks like your earlier map is almost 4.5mb which is close, I believe, to hitting the limit.
    You could try to save at a lower quality setting and try to reupload it and see if that fixes the problem.

edit - well, maybe it's something else.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 11-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.

You probably got disconnected while writing the message.

The solution I've found was to check the remember me box before I enter my username and password.
    That way, I'm always connected and I don't have the problem with attachments anymore.

Edit: apparently, the image is 9,4 mb: that's twice the file size limit. I don't know why it's even working.
    Last edited by Azélor; 11-11-2015 at 09:53 AM.

There was talking of upping the file size limit if the donations kept coming! I believe Robbie's testing it so that's probably why this one has come through. That may not be a permanent increase though, so probably best to stick with around 4(ish)Mb for now until there's an announcement one way or the other.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I see. when I tried to upload at first, it said that the file limit was 9.xx MB. So I reduced it to that.
    I'll stick to smaller uploads from now on then I guess, just to be safe and not lose another attachment.

Allright, I finished labeling the regions and darkened the shadow of existing labels to make them stand out more. I think this goes in the right direction to make the labels more readable. What is left to do now (aside from some reworking of some mountains and swamps) is adding a border, though I found a photoshop tutorial, so I should be able to do this myself.

I also want to put a kind of an "overlay" texture over the whole thing to make it more map-like (and make the mono-colored oceans look better) if you know what I mean, but I have no idea, how to look for a tutorial for it, and rendering 12k x 8k clouds would take too long to experiment with. Do you have any advice for this, a tutorial to guide me, or some texture files you can suggest?

9MB file: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte157.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	8.94 MB 
ID:	79313
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte157_small.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	5.05 MB 
ID:	79314  
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 02-02-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Update: I added an overlay and a border, created a 3D effect on the planets and added clouds to some of the mountains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte163.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	8.76 MB 
ID:	79791

I don't know what it is, but i can never...never open your attachments...they always fail (blank page or some "Aw snap..." comment from chrome) Any chance you have your map in glorious full res. on deviantart or somewhere else? It just seems that your map and the CG in connection with my account are doomed to fail
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

First off, Amazing map!

That space area makes my eye see it as the edge of the globe, but not quite because of the lower left area of the space bits. It looks awkward. Have you played around with putting in in different areas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast