Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WIP - New-Stetven, capital city of Brevoy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another update!

So a while back I increased the resolution of this project because I wasn't happy with the detail I could put on individual buildings. Since then I've been annoyed at the fact that the terrain (grass, cliffs, water, forests) still looked low-res, and it being the first thing I worked on was also kinda old and sloppy.

Soooo I redid the whole thing, and it took a while, and I went slightly insane re-doing all the little squiggles for the forests.

Overall, from afar you might not notice much of a difference, but the water was detailed with a kind of "depth" shading and higher res watercolour texture.
    All the lines (coast, forests, cliffs) were redrawn and are a lot cleaner.
    Forests were redrawn and tweaked, with a few bits of roads tweaked as well.
    The entire light shading (not final projection shadows, just the shading) was redone based on the advice of Caenwyr with a light coming from the NW.

Most of the buildings are still WIP ("special" buildings or blocks) and haven't been changed since last time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_21(small).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	7.34 MB 
ID:	120192

By pharasma, you did roll high enough!

I'd forgotten about this. I don't know if I'll ever finish, especially since the Photoshop file is enormous and I've switched to Linux, so I have to hope that I can convert the file without losing a lot.
    I might go over it a bit again if I can get it open, but for now feel free to use the unfinished map for whatever you want, I dont mind

How I thought I could ever finish this is beyond me, its huge!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234