18. You may not vote on this poll
  • This sounds good

18 100.00%
  • Do not like this idea

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Versions of same map

It's not just you ChickPea.
    I like the challenges as a way to challenge myself. Try new things. Do maps I wouldn't have thought of perhaps.
    Maybe we can start a series of open challenge projects.... will need some thought though.

Yes, that is a point that makes me like open challenges... I'd like everyone to be able to participate.
    But, would people be interested enough?

Yup, +1 on open challenges. Something with no time limit that people can drop in and out as time permits. And maybe even go back and join in a second time because they wanted to do it again in a completely different style.

This encapsulates mapping simply for the joy of mapping!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I think we already have a competition with no time limit and no awards: this is the forum itself, where we are free to post every map, every work in progress without any costraints.
    If competition is to be, in my opinion there must be rules, time limit and a prize, even if symbolic like the compass.
    In my opinion, a “competition” is for people who want to “compete” and if someone feels that would be outclassed in a competition and that thought is just unbearable, he can just post whatever he wants in the various forums.
    But if you really want to create a competition where each participant will have a real chance of winning, even against the giants of mapmaking, you can think of something like the Academy Awards or the Golden Globe.
    For example one could vote the various aspects of a map: best original idea, best backstory, better execution, better graphics performance, etc.
    So anyone could win in one category also against an established artist.

Quote Originally Posted by fabio p View Post
    I think we already have a competition with no time limit and no awards: this is the forum itself, where we are free to post every map, every work in progress without any costraints.
    If competition is to be, in my opinion there must be rules, time limit and a prize, even if symbolic like the compass.
    In my opinion, a “competition” is for people who want to “compete” and if someone feels that would be outclassed in a competition and that thought is just unbearable, he can just post whatever he wants in the various forums.
    But if you really want to create a competition where each participant will have a real chance of winning, even against the giants of mapmaking, you can think of something like the Academy Awards or the Golden Globe.
    For example one could vote the various aspects of a map: best original idea, best backstory, better execution, better graphics performance, etc.
    So anyone could win in one category also against an established artist.
    Sorry for not responding earlier Fabio, though I did read it when you wrote it.
    Those are all fair points.
    I think ChickPea and I just sort of went off topic a bit. It wasn't speaking to this particular challenge idea.

I'm still working out when and whether Lite or Regular. Any input on Lite or Regular is welcome.

Whoaa! Nearly a year has passed since we discussed this. Is it still an option for a coming challenge? I have new areas that would be fitting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234