Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Antarctica

Banned User

What are the straight diagonal lines you have scattered around? It looks like something to do with your drawing technique and that I would love to understand more about

Excellent mountains indeed. The combination of the coloring and shadowing is perfect.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    What are the straight diagonal lines you have scattered around? It looks like something to do with your drawing technique and that I would love to understand more about
    It's just for the perspective. It helps me to see where the light is coming from at different depths and how parallel lines (like ridge lines) and mountain heights are deformed.
    Actually at the scale of the Island (it is not a big one) it is not really necessary but it is a discipline I always automatically impose when I want to draw in 3D perspective.

Guild Artisan

Yesterday I had some time so could do some progress. Even if 2/3 are still in a sketch state, your encouraging comments lead me to show where I am now. And thanks to everybody for the kind words.
    I hope that the closure will be after the week end so that I ahve a chance to finish it

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch5.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	78193

Banned User

Wow! Please post more intermediate versions as you go. This is fabulous to see how you do such gorgeous coloring!

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    Wow! Please post more intermediate versions as you go. This is fabulous to see how you do such gorgeous coloring!
    Your wishes are my orders

EDIT :
    Some more intermediate. Added more sketching and a few details (details with mouse are about 5 times slower than with pencil)

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Sketch7.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	78222

Guild Artisan

As per the comment concerning the ocean, I have tried to do a slightly different ocean by playing with fractals and random noise.
    What do you think ? Which one fits the style better - the one above or this one ?
    Thanks .

Name:	Testocean.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	78227

Banned User

The first one .. this one looks weird to me.

Have to echo the others' comments about the mountains. They look fantastic! I'm doubly impressed that you're doing this without a tablet. I know how incredibly difficult it is to draw with a mouse.

I really hope you have time to finish it. The closing date is the 14th and I think Bogie usually closes it late in the day (though he'll be able to give a better idea on this). Looking forward to your next update.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Artisan

Some more "mousing"
    If I give in at least 4 hours Sunday, I may have finished before the 14. But I'll have probably to pass on details I see in my head but that would simply take ages with the mouse.

Name:	Sketch11.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	78245

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast